AMD HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK now, I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to solve this one...

My system specs are as per left hand side. I believe it is as close as it gets to a customac.

I got myself a ATI HD 5870 for some muscle and high competency. Now I have about 53.4 on cinebench after a restart. Between 7.3 to 7.9 for CPU. unfortunately these drop less than half after a sleep and awake.

Tried different system identifiers 5,1 11,1. 12,2 with no joy. Some of the forums talk about changing the frame buffer but I am not too sure if this is a frame buffer problem. My understanding, frame buffer is for GPU related issues. But my CPU also gets affected. IMHO this seems like a power management issue.

Again guys any help would be much appreciated.

Re: GPU and CPU SLOW performance after awake HD 5870 - i7 2600k

Answer for this seems to be changing the System definition to 12,2 Using multi beast and then repairing the permissions. Didn't realize how important it is to repair permissions...

Now my CPU and GPU performance is excellent event after sleep/awake.

for me I had to switch form iMac12,2 to MacPro3,1 so my performance wouldn't be cut in half after a sleep. after looking into it, the GPU isn't actually affected but it's the CPU being stuck at the lowest speedstep setting (1.6ghz for me) when coming out of sleep.

i don't like using MacPro3,1 because it doesn't offer good PM for my Nvidia card and I will likely just save more power staying in iMac12,2 even if my system stays on all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back