Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I have

Code:
0:880  0:000   - [00]: (change _DSM to XDSM) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [01]: (change _OSI to XOSI) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [06]: (PEGP [to] GFX0) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [07]: (10.11+-Rename-HECI2IMEI) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4

How do I confirm _OSI("Darwin") working?

No idea how to do the following:
- connector-type values may need to be set appropriately for your Nvidia

sebus

Last edited:
No, HD530 exists on processor, it is auto disabled by BIOS firmware when external card is plugged in.
I will remove the info.

Probably best since it is disabled. (We all know the CPU has it, but if it isn't connected/isn't enabled, then it really isn't there).

All ports specified above are internal on motherboard (how does one distingushes between USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255 )

No.
You're not understanding the distinction.
Connected to an external port, is different from connected to an internal device.
Rule:
- if you can plug a device of your choice into the port, it is external and should be marked with the appropriate external UsbConnector value
- if you can't plug any device into it because it is connected to something internal (eg. internal hub, bluetooth controller, webcam, etc), then it should be marked UsbConnector=255.

Yes, 4 port powered USB3 hub is plugged in port Back top (4) blue = HS08/SS08

So, this is an external port with a USB3 hub plugged in. The HS08/SS08 should be marked UsbConnector=3. I asked because I'm looking for problems and I can't tell an internal hub vs. external hub once it is plugged in. Only you can answer such questions when they are aksed.

Back (3) blue = HS07/SS07 (depending what is plugged in) &

Therefore both should be UsbConnector=3.

Back bottom black = HS07 (it is USB2 black port, always shows HS07, no matter what storage device plugged into it)In Back bottom black = HS07 there is Lenovo USB keyboard with build 2 port USB2 hub

USB2 only ports should be marked UsbConnector=0.
And for any SSxx port (marked UsbConnector=3) you should have one HSxx port that is marked UsbConnector=3 (except for ports connected to internal devices, as already discussed).
Black ports are generally USB2 only.

For you to check.

OK, so I have

Code:
0:880  0:000   - [00]: (change _DSM to XDSM) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [01]: (change _OSI to XOSI) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [06]: (PEGP [to] GFX0) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4
0:880  0:000   - [07]: (10.11+-Rename-HECI2IMEI) lenToFind: 4, lenToReplace: 4

How do I confirm _OSI("Darwin") working?

No idea since you didn't provide "Problem Reporting" files.
_OSI->XOSI patch *requires* SSDT-XOSI.aml.

No idea how to do the following:
- connector-type values may need to be set appropriately for your Nvidia

You should probably read up on Nvidia injection/HDMI audio/etc.

USB2 only ports should be marked UsbConnector=0.
And for any SSxx port (marked UsbConnector=3) you should have one HSxx port that is marked UsbConnector=3 (except for ports connected to internal devices, as already discussed).
Black ports are generally USB2 only.

For you to check.

But in my setup
Back top black USB2 = HS08 & the value also corresponds to
Back top (4) blue USB3 = SS08/HS08 (depending what I plug into it - USB2 vs USB3 storage device)

I do NOT have any internal ports at all (all ports are external, user accessible on front or back)

sebus

But in my setup
Back top black USB2 = HS08 & the value also corresponds to
Back top (4) blue USB3 = SS08/HS08 (depending what I plug into it - USB2 vs USB3 storage device)

I do NOT have any internal ports at all (all ports are external, user accessible on front or back)

sebus

Ports that are not used will need to be removed by SSDT-UIAC. Some of those Ports are Fake Ports and unused.

I do NOT have any used ports. SSDT-UIAC contains ONLY ports that physically do exist (as tested with 2 storage USB2/USB3 stick)

I do NOT have any used ports. SSDT-UIAC contains ONLY ports that physically do exist (as tested with 2 storage USB2/USB3 stick)

Incorrect. Ioreg shows that you have unused Ports.

I physicall have that Ioreg shows:

Front right = SS06/HS06
Front left = HS05/SS05
Back top (4) blue = HS08/SS08
Back (3) blue = HS07/SS07
Back (2) blue = HS02/SS02
Back bottom (1) blue = SS01/HS01

Back top black = HS08
Back bottom black = HS07

So that is all that is enabled (HS01 - HS02, HS05 - HS08, SS01 - SS02, SS05 - SS08)

Plus I have 3 external USB hubs (one in monitor, one in keyboard, one powered external) connected to some of these ports

Last edited:

Thanks for finally answering the question in post #39.
You could have responded "Yes... the hub is a device plugged into a user accessible port".

To make it less confusing, this hub is no longer attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back