Contribute
Register

[solved] gIOScreenLockState on first install - i9 coffee lake HD630 XPS9570

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies, I must've uploaded the wrong CLOVER folder.
I'm using the "config_HD615_620_630_640_650" from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip.

If I leave "Inject Intel" ON, it doesn't even boot into the installer. It crashes with the "gIOScreenLockState" message.

If I turn "Inject Intel" Off, that message shows during boot, but I get to the installer. As with all other tries, I get to 80% of the installation and the dreaded "gIOScreenLockState" shows up again and the laptop reboots.

What a PITA...

Thanks again for taking a look :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 199
My apologies, I must've uploaded the wrong CLOVER folder.
I'm using the "config_HD615_620_630_640_650" from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip.

If I leave "Inject Intel" ON, it doesn't even boot into the installer. It crashes with the "gIOScreenLockState" message.

If I turn "Inject Intel" Off, that message shows during boot, but I get to the installer. As with all other tries, I get to 80% of the installation and the dreaded "gIOScreenLockState" shows up again and the laptop reboots.

What a PITA...

Thanks again for taking a look :)

You should expect several reboots during the installation process.
Continue to boot the installer until it is done.

I have the same problem with you. Did you have resolved it?

Solved!

So silly... I mean, I read multiple times the laptop was supposed to restart during installation, but the abrupt way it went to a black screen and shut down I always thought the PC crashed.

Turns out, all I had to do was to keep booting from the USB -> Clover -> Install MacOS option over and over until the install finished.

Now I have a ton of other issues like the brightness being at the lowest level and the hardware keys don't do anything to control it, but that's for another thread.

Thank you, @RehabMan !

Solved!

So silly... I mean, I read multiple times the laptop was supposed to restart during installation, but the abrupt way it went to a black screen and shut down I always thought the PC crashed.

Turns out, all I had to do was to keep booting from the USB -> Clover -> Install MacOS option over and over until the install finished.

Now I have a ton of other issues like the brightness being at the lowest level and the hardware keys don't do anything to control it, but that's for another thread.

Thank you, @RehabMan !

do you got it work on the 9570?
i can install, but use the same efi, cant boot into the system.
can you attach your final efi please?
thx

Will Hackingtosh work on Dell XPS 15 9570 i9-8950HK/32GB/1TB/Win10 GTX1050Ti UHD ?

I'm looking for powerfull laptop to replace my old MacBookPro A1398

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back