ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
I'm experiencing quick connection drops, that last mere microseconds, so I only notice on video calls, opening new browser tabs at that exact moment, pulling a large docker image, controlling another pc via Synergy, etc... It happens on either ethernet or wifi.

I ruled out my connection, (several other pcs on the network with no issues) and have replaced the motherboard. I also tried two other Z490 mbs, that didn't have this issue.

CPU: Intel i9-10900k
MB: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (BIOS version: F6)
Audio: Realtek ALC1220-V
2.5Gb Ethernet: Intel I225-V
Wireless card: Fenvi T919
RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz
dGPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC

SMBIOS: iMac19,1
OpenCore: 0.5.9

Figured it out. Removed energy-efficient-ethernet from the duplex. All good now.

System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Advanced -> Hardware -> Duplex: full-duplex, flow-control

Figured it out. Removed energy-efficient-ethernet from the duplex. All good now.

System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Advanced -> Hardware -> Duplex: full-duplex, flow-control
I stumbled upon this post after searching for similar situations. I'm having the exact same problems you listed in the original post, but I'm curious as to where I follow your instructions that you listed. Is this within windows or something in the bios?

I stumbled upon this post after searching for similar situations. I'm having the exact same problems you listed in the original post, but I'm curious as to where I follow your instructions that you listed. Is this within windows or something in the bios?
I was experiencing this in macOS. If you have this issue in Windows, to fix it:

Open Network Connections:
Option 1: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections
Option 2: Press Windows Key + R and type: ncpa.cpl then click "Ok"

- Right click your network device and click "Properties"
- Click the "Configure" button
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- On the left column select "Energy Efficient Ethernet"
- On the right side, click the drop-down and select "Off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back