Contribute
Register

[Solved*] Gigabyte HD 6850 GraphicsEnabler=Yes not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 GraphicsEnabler=Yes not working

pzq967d said:
My Build: Radeon HD 6850 1gb; Z68XP-UD3; I7-2600k; Seagate 1TB; Corsair Blue 16GB

I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No PCIRootUID=0 and have been able to get into Lion but system usually locks up. The most success that I've had is with PCIRootUID=0. At this point I am very frustrated and ready to go out and buy another Graphics card. I need help. I've read all of the post on the 6850 and it seems that others are having the same problem. I loaded DSDT F8 which matched my bios after getting into Lion. I've tried all of the Multibeast recommended settings and nothing seems to work and give me stability. I have my 6850 hooked up to the HDMI port and I am just using one monitor.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am not a programmer but I can follow instructions if told where to go and get info.

Thanks
Have you tried npci=0x2000 ? Have you installed Chimera 1.9?

shibirian said:
JackArrgon said:
Sorry, another question. Should I go about installing the iMac 12,2 identity with Multibeast, or switching it manually by editing the plist?
Multibeast.
Alrighty. Well, tried the framebuffers that "worked" before, now under the iMac 12,2 identity. Unfortunately, no difference. Like I said earlier what's strange is that DVD works. So I suppose I could say graphics acceleration is on, but my resolution isn't available and according to notshy's guide, the framebuffer aren't showing up correctly in Terminal by typing "ioreg | grep ATY". My display color profile was also a bit strange, a more yellowish tint than what I get when under "GraphicsEnabler=No"

So that's what I go so far. Sorry for repeating myself.

After reading many more forum posts, I read that seeing if the "ripple effect" in Dashboard (occurring when you place a new widget) works, then QE/CI is enabled. It works for me. But what exactly is QE/CI, anyway?

JackArrgon said:
After reading many more forum posts, I read that seeing if the "ripple effect" in Dashboard (occurring when you place a new widget) works, then QE/CI is enabled. It works for me. But what exactly is QE/CI, anyway?

I was looking for this info too. I found it there http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ca/2009/12/e ... ation.html

Matthieu

mbourque said:
JackArrgon said:

I was looking for this info too. I found it there http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ca/2009/12/e ... ation.html

Matthieu
Thanks for the link! It'd odd because things like the ripple effect in Dashboard work, but DVD player doesn't. I'm going to give "EFIStudio" a go and see if that helps at all.

As I mentioned in the edit of the original post: Gave up on trying to find a solution for Snow Leopard, so I just went ahead and upgraded to Lion, and the graphics card is working out of the box with my user DSDT installation.

shibirian said:
JackArrgon said:
Was checking out the tonymacx86 wiki (http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database#ATI) and found this info on my card:

Gigabyte 6850 AMD Radeon HD GV-R685OC-1GD

Device ID=0x6739, OSX 10.6.8/Lion, Chameleon v2.1svn r1713, DVI, HDMI , DP work great, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, <Ati Config> Framebuffer=Bulrushes; AtiPorts=4 64bits

Is there a difference between Chimera and Chameleon? If so, how could I go about using it. Maybe that's the solution. But I'm completely new to all this, so I'm just guessing. What do you guys think?
I have the same card currently running in my Hack and I am running some benchmarks for writing a review now, but what I can say so far is that the following config works for me with Chimera 1.9 under Lion.

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Darkwake</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

All ports are working fine. Games, too. DVD players, etc, too.

Hope that helps.

I recently added a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 to my Hackintosh and, after a failed boot or two, threw in the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag to get the display to work. I then noticed the System Report showed the card as being identified as a 6xxx model. After a few searches on the forum, I ran into your post. I added the following: AtiConfig, AtiPorts, changed GraphicsEnabler to Yes, and added the kernel i386 flag and VOILA! Thanks for sharing your boot config. :thumbup:

I recently added a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 to my Hackintosh and, after a failed boot or two, threw in the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag to get the display to work. I then noticed the System Report showed the card as being identified as a 6xxx model. After a few searches on the forum, I ran into your post. I added the following: AtiConfig, AtiPorts, changed GraphicsEnabler to Yes, and added the kernel i386 flag and VOILA! Thanks for sharing your boot config. :thumbup:

This is awesome, I added the AtiConfig, AtiPorts to my plist in Mountain Lion and i was able to make GraphicsEnabler=yes instead of no like i have been using it. I then tried it in Lion but no go, i could try and play with it some more but im just gonna chuck Lion and stay with ML, that HDD will be storage now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back