[Solved] Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 UEFI HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello now stop here

Attachments

• IMG_20181001_182659.jpg
    IMG_20181001_182659.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
PLEASE verify whether your ATI Radeon 5670 is compatible with High SIERRA before Graphics related issues can show up causing boot and or post -install problem.
My ATI Radeon HD 5670 works fine in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65).
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/ATI=0x0
- config.plist/Graphics/FBName=Baboon
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/ATI=true
- Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

lynnfield.png

Attachments

• 1.drivers64UEFI.png
    1.drivers64UEFI.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.Install Drivers using CCG.png
    2.Install Drivers using CCG.png
    326.4 KB · Views: 94

View attachment 354531

hello how it is possible insert from clover configuration gui

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-10-02 alle 09.08.55.png
    Schermata 2018-10-02 alle 09.08.55.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • I thought the image uploaded was clear enough.
  • You don't necessarily have to use CCG to install the needed drivers(.efi) to drivers64UEFI folder of your CLOVER.
  • You can download manually after locating them through Internet search and copying and pasting into that folder after Mounting the EFI Partition and removing the current drivers that need to be replaced by sending them to Trash.
  • If you don't want to bother searching for the two suggested drivers with .efi extensions to be installed, you can launch CCG.
  • From its Left Panel , find TOOLS,
  • Mount the EFI from your disk by clicking on Mount EFI TOOL FOLLOWED BY Mount Partition BUTTON from right panel
  • From its Left Panel , under TOOLS, locate and click "Install Drivers"
  • From the Right panel that pops up, locate the 2 drivers you want to install (shown in the image) to replace the 2 you have deleted using CCG's button on Top RIGHT Corner of the screen shown in Orange.
    1.Install EFIs through  CCG.png

and for this?

and for this?

Just like BreBo had recommended on #12 in shorthand form do those steps to make your Video card to work. I'll try to elaborate them here for you:

• For your Radeon HD 5670 to work in your macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, you got to edit the Clover/kexts/Other adding needed kexts Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext
  • You also need to edit config.plist
  • You can easily do both in GUi mode using CCG
  • First download the lilu. kext.zip ( 1.2.7.RELEASE.zip 247 KB )and Whatevergree.kext.zip( 1.2.3.RELEASE.zip 383 KB ) and unzip & extract kexts
  • After Mounting EFI Partition of the disk on the Desktop using CCG, navigate using mouse clicks EFI>EFI>CLOVER>kexts>Other
  • Copy and paste the 2 kexts
  • Next find config.plist from CLOVER and Right click config.plist >Open with: CCG you have already launched
  • As shown in the uploaded image go to the Top half of LEFT panel of CCG screen to find SECTIONS
  • Open Devices > Toward top Left , find FakeID section and ATI and leave that alone with the default value 0x0
  • Open Graphics SECTION and find and make [√]Inject ATI .This card needs a Frame Buffer Name and it is Baboon . Find the box for FB Name and type in Baboon [See image]
  • Next go down to the bottom Left Panel and find the second Arrow from Left to Save the Edited config.plist
  • You are done; boot and see.

Attachments

• 1.CCG_config.plist_Graphics.png
    1.CCG_config.plist_Graphics.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 79
ok very good Sir, now all it complete!
now in attach my hackinfo then my dsdt.aml and IO registry tell me if it is ok or need some tips to run better.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    40.6 KB · Views: 87
  • HackInfo_Report.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IOservice.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
ok very good Sir, now all it complete!
now in attach my hackinfo then my dsdt.aml and IO registry tell me if it is ok or need some tips to run better.
I am glad you have finally installed the system. Congratulations.:clap:
I think the main purpose of this side of the Forum is to help with initial installation or upgrade installation of macOS High Sierra to make sure there is no boot failure , there is adequate Video, Audio and networking functions in that system. If any of them are lacking the system cannot be used properly and would need additional steps to fix.
If the primary goals are achieved we should try to edit the Title with a prefix[SOLVED].
If you find your Apple>About This Mac>Overview (take a Pic and upload for all to see:)) and System Report..>Hardware and all the items in that list are OK, and you have audio and able to browse the Net, please call your post a [SUCCESS]

Reviewing all the uploads you have made without any computer symptom for correlating the findings to me is purely academic and really does not interest me at this time when I am busy. I am not saying that with any disrespect. I appreciate the time and effort you have spent creating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back