Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r i7 930 post install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r i7 930 post install problems

godfather17 said:
Does anyone have any idea what is going on? And how to fix it?
Not off top of head, other than a bad DSDT.
Can you boot all the way in Single User Mode (-s)?
Else, suggest to do complete reinstall, and take it step by step. Ideally make backup drive at each stage (make it bootable, ideally) so you can recover from any step that borked the system. Suggest to ignore until later stuff like audio, LAN etc. Get basic system up and graphics working first.
Although it ought not to be hard to set up the configuration you have. But obviously something somewhere is not playing nice.

Ok I have great news. I did another fresh install and installed the the 10.6.7 update and ran multibeast under the settings that going bald provided me with. However, before restarting the computer I ran the QE/CI exotics patch for 10.6.7 then I restarted and everything went smoothly. Also, the cpu speed is being displayed correctly. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me getting my hackintosh up. I know have both windows 7 and Mac OS X running smoothly. Once again thank you to everyone.

One last questions. I was looking at the multibeast options under graphics and there is a ATI injector options. Is this Tue same thing as the QP_CO patch that hoof bald told me to install to get my gpu working with my system. I would like to know just for future reference. So if I just loaded the options for the injector in multibeast would it be the same as the patch? Or do I have to not use the injector option in multibeast and run the patch? Once again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back