Contribute
Register

[Solved] Getting rid of the log text while booting up Mac OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150 Gaming M3
CPU
i5 6500 3.20Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello! After countless tries I finally got my Hackintosh fully functionally working for Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 (Nope, I won't update to the newly released 10.13.6 cause I'm afraid of damaging everything I built up altogether lol); and even though I managed to tweak and adjust most of the things that bugged me to my liking, I can't find a concise answer on how to make a clean-looking boot that will only show the Mac OS logo without all the clutter Clover shows when booting up, which is a black screen with a bunch of endless white text.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I can't find a concise answer on how to make a clean-looking boot that will only show the Mac OS logo without all the clutter Clover shows when booting up, which is a black screen with a bunch of endless white text.
If you use APFS.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder get rid of the logging generated by APFS.efi
See post #11 of [APFS] High Sierra 10.13.1 - No early logging on how to patch APFS.efi

Configure Timeout and DefaultVolume in Clover's config.plist
See https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot#boot_timeout

If you use APFS.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder get rid of the logging generated by APFS.efi
See post #11 of [APFS] High Sierra 10.13.1 - No early logging on how to patch APFS.efi

Configure Timeout and DefaultVolume in Clover's config.plist
See https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot#boot_timeout

Thank you! Though after some more research I was able to achieve what I wanted by selecting "Apple" as Boot CustomLogo, and unticking Verbose in Clover Configurator.

Hope this solution can also benefit anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back