GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

maybe someone had the same problem. After booting to the login screen the graphic card fans stop spinning.

I have 10.12.5 and the newest nvidia web drivers installed. 378.05.05.15f01
I already reinstalled the web drivers and it's still not working.

Has anyone an idea how I can solve this?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 322
Hi Guys,

maybe someone had the same problem. After booting to the login screen the graphic card fans stop spinning.

I have 10.12.5 and the newest nvidia web drivers installed. 378.05.05.15f01
I already reinstalled the web drivers and it's still not working.

Has anyone an idea how I can solve this?

This is normal, it is a feature of your card. Most 900 and 1000 series cards feature semi passive cooling.

This is normal, it is a feature of your card. Most 900 and 1000 series cards feature semi passive cooling.

Thank you for the answer. So I will keep it like this.

One more thing. How can I test the card to make sure that the fan is still working under macOS Sierra?

Thank you for the answer. So I will keep it like this.

One more thing. How can I test the card to make sure that the fan is still working under macOS Sierra?

Run a good benchmark like Unigen Heaven, when the GPU gets over ~55-60C the fans will turn on. The fan is controlled by the vBios and will function the same way regardless of the OS. My GTX 970 is the same way.

Run a good benchmark like Unigen Heaven, when the GPU gets over ~55-60C the fans will turn on. The fan is controlled by the vBios and will function the same way regardless of the OS. My GTX 970 is the same way.

I'm really happy now. Thank you. I downloaded Heaven and tried it out! My Graphic-Card fan is working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back