GTX 1050 ti 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I built a High Sierra machine with a GA Z370N-WIFI and a i7-8700k.
The machine is defined a iMac 17,1, which allows me to get sleep working.
The USB ports are working fine, got the audio to work by following the recommendation of an other thread (copy AppleALC and Lilu kext into the /EFI directory) and Bluetooth was showing up but not effectively working.
WiFi was not working, as expected (the wireless board is an INTEL model).

As I needed to have Bluetooth operational, I swapped the M.2 NGFF Intel board by a DW1830 (with Broadcom BCM943602BAED chipset). Now, my Wifi works great, out of the box, but the Bluetooth is even not recognised anymore...
I did not make any progress regarding Bluetooth!!!
With the Intel board, I see that Bluetooth is not "Discoverable" and is not "Connectable", which is probably the reason why I do not get anything out of it. But I have no clue how to change that.

I share the IOReg files with stock and DW1830 boards.

If anybody knows how to get Bluetooth operational on this motherboard (with any of these 2 NGFF or even another one), please come and help. If Wifi could also work, that would be nice but not mandatory.

Attachments

• Z370N DW1830.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 116
  • Z370N Stock.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 135
  • Z370N Stock.png
    Z370N Stock.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Z370N DW1830 BT.png
    Z370N DW1830 BT.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Z370N DW1830 WIFI.png
    Z370N DW1830 WIFI.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 230
Just for the record:
I swapped the DW1830 for a MacBook Air NGFF board (with adapter) and I now get both WiFi and Bluetooth running.
By reading on other forums, I also found out that the DW1820A (same chipset as the one of the MacBook Air board) should also be fully operable.

I do not known if it is worth the effort to get Bluetooth operational on the Intel NGFF Bluetooth board.
Though, it could be great for those not using WiFi.

Using another RF board (DW1820A for instance) is kind of cheap ($15 on eBay) and works out of the box.
Be aware that the change must be performed before assembling the machine, while the MoBo is freely accessible.
There are only 2 screws to remove at the back of the board to free the metal cage (RF shield) and access the M.2 connector.

Does swapping the M.2 NGFF Intel board still leaves two m.2 slots for two ssds ?

@DarkAd, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back