Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone. I just built a new hackintosh and I've managed to get everything up and running except sleep. Right now the monitor will go to sleep on its own but the pc wont. If I put it to sleep manually it seems to work, but upon waking it up, it starts up from scratch. Any advice would be appreciated. See my hardware on the side (bios is F11).

Re: GA-P55A-UD3 sleep issues

but upon waking it up, it starts up from scratch
Make sure all 3 check boxes are selected in Energy Saver especially the last one.
"start up automatically after a power failure"

Re: GA-P55A-UD3 sleep issues

Well, I figured out the problem when I put it to sleep manually. I had (by habbit) plugged the usb cable from my ups battery backup cable in and after unplugging that I can now put it to sleep manually and it wakes up without issue. I still haven't been able to get it to go to sleep on its own though. I've tried unplugging the cdrom and a internal memory card reader I have and that didnt help. Even tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard without change. Monitor still sleeps but not the computer. I did also check all three boxes in energy saver as well.

Installed please sleep after seeing the success other people have had and it worked like a charm. I can now put it to sleep myself and it goes to sleep automatically. Wakes with mouse without issues either way. My build is now 100%!

giraffelongneck said:
Keep me posted. Hopefully it helps you too!
I installed "pleasesleep" and it uses my energysaver setting and went to sleep nicely. At least this fixes my sleep issue I have been having for the last little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back