Motherboard
Huananzhi X99 F8
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4
Graphics
Aorus RX580 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, after successfully completed blog gide on iBoot and MultiBeast, i got an updated hackintosh with almost no effort. Thanks a lor for that! but I have an issue with ALC889 audio.

When installed SL 10.6 audio worked right out of the box, but after upgrade to 10.6.8 and applyed MultiBeast, audio quit working.

I have selected this option in MultiBeast
mb1.jpg

After reboot i can see this data in System Profile App, but no audio at all
screenshot1.jpg

Any suggestion, really noob on this of hackintosh thing.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 486
  • mb1.jpg
    mb1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 509
Re: GA-H55M-USB3 ALC889 SL 10.6.8 audio detected but no sound!

Your HW list says Asus P5QC motherboard, yet you're asking about a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 .
The Gigabyte board has a ALC892 sound card, so that's the one to choose, not an ALC889.

What's more, there is perfectly good DSDT file for this motherboard which you should use instead of Non-DSDT-HDEnabler.
After applying your DSDT.aml you re-enable sound by choosing ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback.
For your DSDT.aml make sure you choose the correct motherboard revision and update your BIOS to F11

Re: GA-H55M-USB3 ALC889 SL 10.6.8 audio detected but no sound!

Hi!, thanks for the answer!

I really dont't know where did you saw the P5QC model.

I wil test your solution later and post results here.

For the record, i followed theese steps to install hackintosh.

1- Booted iBoot
2- Installed with ripped (no modded) DVD 5 Hackintosh SL 10.6
3- Updated with 10.6.8 combo update
3- Ran MultiBeast 3.8.0
4- Selected User DSDT (with h55m-usb3 DSDT.aml on desktop)
5- Checked Graphics for ATi
6- Checked Realtek 1000 driver
7- Checked ALC889

Mi mobo is ver 1.0, and in the manial says that the audio codec is ALC889.

Thanks a lot for the advise!

I am glad it worked. I didn't know you had Rev. 1 of the motherboard, mine is Rev.2 hence the ALC892.
I only looked at your post because I have the same Mobo and I am familiar with it.
Why did I think you had a different motherboard?

Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 11.57.58 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 11.57.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 11.57.58 PM.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 381
Jaja!, yes, I realized later that my hardware info is in my profile.

Just in case, I also want to install OS X on my Core2Quad, P5QC (rev1), with 2gb 1333 RAM.

I also flashed latest custom ROM to BIOS.

Do you have any comprehensive guide to install OSX on that mobo?, I mean, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, or something no too old.

Thanks a lot!

No, I don't have info on your Asus. When I decided to build a Hackintosh I researched the topic for a few weeks and came to the conclusion that the Gigabyte mobo-s were much easier to install OSX on. I don't know if it's still the case.
The main requirements seem to be the same as for the Gigabyte boards, to set the disk access to ACHI ...etc, etc. At the time I built my Hackintosh there were far more DSDT-s for the Gigabyte boards than Asus and it certainly made life easier.
There are lots of installation guides on the forum, if it's at all possible to install OSX on your board I am sure someone has done it.
Wish you success :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back