Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) Freezing, Kernel Panic, AE_NOT_FOUND, IOProviderClass, install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked Here, I think it should work for other issues too:

issues: kernel Panic, freezing, AE_NOT_FOUND,
dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</String><key>IOResourceMatch</key><String ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>" and everyone who wants to quit try this before!!!

Intel Xeon E5-2640 2.0GHz
Asus Sabertooth x79 Bios 4801 Nvidia GTX 770

1. take off your HD from the machine
2. attach it on other Mac via USB SATA adaptor or SATA cable
3. Format the HD and give the name you want (journaled, guid partition)
4. After erase and format the HD, Make a new partition of 10GB or 8GB (I used 10GB) no need to format as Untitled
5. Use Unibeast following the TonyMac guide, in my case it automatically detected the 10GB partition as the right place to install (5-7 minutes using a SSD HD) fast!
6. Copy Multibeast to the partition with the install files (sierra and EFI)
7. Follow Tonymac guide for Bios, except USB modifications, live the USB in default parameters
8. On boot options set Sata HD with the install files as option 1
9. Boot, if everything is alright Unibeast clover will start
10. In options, delete all args and use this: npci=0x3000 USBBusfix=Yes -v
11. Pray a lot.... if it worked the install will initiate!
12. If your mouse and keyboard fails, try all USB connections,.. pray again....
13. after installation restarts, in options use the same args npci=0x3000 USBBusfix=Yes -v, deleting the others, initiate using the partition with the OSX already installed to finish installation
14. Use Multibeast as recommend on Tonymac guide
15. Use EFI Mounter and PlistEdit Pro to edit the Args, deleting all and adding npci=0x3000 USBBusfix=Yes

That's it! My graphic Card is recognised, ethernet ok, SSD HD using the 6GB port, I've already installed CUDA drivers, because this machine was made to use with CG. For Audio HDMI (output) I used the audio_cloverHDMI-120v1.0d.command and is necessary mount the EFI with EFI Mounter before apply the command ok.

Thank you indeed Tonymac and friends!

I was wondering which, if any, USB ports worked for you using this method. I'm currently stuck because it seems none of my USB ports are functional when the installer pops up, so I can't use my keyboard/mouse.

If you trying this method above, probably the answer could be in the USB bios settings, try restore defaults or in Advanced bios try some other USB options, but if you are using a traditional USB tony install try to add some USBfix args inside clover, connect the keyboard and mice in the blue USB of the X79

I was wondering which, if any, USB ports worked for you using this method. I'm currently stuck because it seems none of my USB ports are functional when the installer pops up, so I can't use my keyboard/mouse.

Gotcha, I will try with some of the USB settings in BIOS. I have the exact same motherboard as you by the way, Sabertooth X79. I did try the USBHubfix=Yes arg and none of the ports work so far.
I'm using the SSD method so everything boots up just fine, which is good lol. So close... I might just end up getting a PCI USB card if I can't figure it out in the next few days

you are trying my install or TONY USB

you are trying my install or TONY USB

I'm following your method to the T. SSD with clover installed hooked to the SATA on motherboard

Last edited:
ok, if nothing works try the bios defaults, address the boot partition correctly, use the blue USB connection and check the clover configurations,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back