CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB Superclocked
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to successfully get through Sierra installation with my hardware and boot into the desktop. However, after running running multibeast setup, and modifying suggested parameters in config post-install I cannot boot. Here's what I've done so far.

• Edited config.plist with to change the Crf value to 0x67, added FakeCPUID of 0x0506E3
• Replaced this driver https://github.com/MegaCookie/Lenov...FI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
• Installed ALC892 and ethernet using multibeast

Restarting worked just fine and I was able to get into the desktop. Then, the computer went to sleep. I couldn't wake from it, so had to do a hard shut down. Now, I haven't been able to get back into the desktop since not being able to wake from sleep.

Here's two screenshots. Sometimes I get one, sometimes I get the other.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this issue without being able to access the desktop?

Photo%20Apr%2028%2C%209%2028%2043%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2028%2C%209%2035%2012%20AM.jpg

when the pluses appear, is there nothing after them? Normally when the pluses appear, the system starts to actually boot (in my hack).

The error alloc type 2 can be potentially fixed by adding test2.efi to the EFI drivers folder with OSxAptioFixDRV-64 and then updating your bios to the latest version (fixed it for me)

its strange that even when the EFI succesfully starts (the pluses) it freezes after that. Could be an unrelated issue.

I would suggest adding test2.efi to the EFI drivers folder by plugging your drive into another machine and just opening the folder up. See if it helps?

when the pluses appear, is there nothing after them? Normally when the pluses appear, the system starts to actually boot (in my hack).

Absolutely nothing. Hard drive stops working and it just hangs there.

I would suggest adding test2.efi to the EFI drivers folder by plugging your drive into another machine and just opening the folder up. See if it helps?

Where do I find test2.efi? Can't seem to find it by searching and it's not in Clover Configurator.

I was able to successfully get through Sierra installation with my hardware and boot into the desktop. However, after running running multibeast setup, and modifying suggested parameters in config post-install I cannot boot. Here's what I've done so far.

• Edited config.plist with to change the Crf value to 0x67, added FakeCPUID of 0x0506E3
• Replaced this driver https://github.com/MegaCookie/Lenov...FI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
• Installed ALC892 and ethernet using multibeast

Restarting worked just fine and I was able to get into the desktop. Then, the computer went to sleep. I couldn't wake from it, so had to do a hard shut down. Now, I haven't been able to get back into the desktop since not being able to wake from sleep.

Here's two screenshots. Sometimes I get one, sometimes I get the other.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this issue without being able to access the desktop?

Photo%20Apr%2028%2C%209%2028%2043%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2028%2C%209%2035%2012%20AM.jpg
Have you used a Fake CPUID, because KabyLake isn´t natively supported by mac OS at the moment...

Have you used a Fake CPUID, because KabyLake isn´t natively supported by mac OS at the moment...
Yes, I was able to install successfully with the FakeCPUID. Also able to boot successfully. It wasn't until after installing the multibeast updates that it started failing

Yes, I was able to install successfully with the FakeCPUID. Also able to boot successfully. It wasn't until after installing the multibeast updates that it started failing
I don´t know, but maybe it has something to do with your SMBIOS...
Some time ago I got the same error, because I used the wrong SMBIOS.

Okay. I managed to get everything working now by just wiping everything and starting from scratch. Not sure what weirdness I hit, but things are working now.

I have the exact MOBO and CPU with the same issue. What did you do to solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back