i5-8400
Graphics
rtx 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone

I've been playing with settings and clover for ages but couldn't fix my problem though going through many pages of this forum, still at the beginning of the hackintosh learning curve it seems...

My config:
i5-8400 coffeelake
z370n wifi
iGPU on displayport
Mojave 10.14

Following various guides, it seems that my config should run easily Mojave but my screen flickers at best, at worst I can't boot or GPU is not properly recognised and I have no acceleration. I can't figure out to have acceleration, no flickering, monitor recognition and DP.

BIOS
128M allocated

Config.plist

Boot: dart=0
Device: UseIntelHDMI on, IntelGfx blank
Graphics: all blank
System parameter, SMBIOS 18,1 , Kext: detect

Kext
Kext in L/E (all are the most recent ones):
- Apple ALC, CodecCommander, FakeSMC sensors (ACPI, CPU, GPU, LPC, SMM Sensors), FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet,
- Lilu, WhateverGreen, UsbInjectAll
Kext in EFI: FakeSmc

Could I have some help please ?

Attached my config.plist and EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 148
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 194
I've also played with various ig-platform-id following headkaze's guide (removing UseIntelHDMI and other igpu parameters as stated in the guide):
  • 0x3E9B0007 -> glitches & flickering but acceleration works
  • 0x59120000 with -disablegfxfirmware at boot -> stable but no acceleration, iGPU is recognized as UHD630 with 14 Mo Ram

Anyone ?

Hi everyone

I've been playing with settings and clover for ages but couldn't fix my problem though going through many pages of this forum, still at the beginning of the hackintosh learning curve it seems...

My config:
i5-8400 coffeelake
z370n wifi
iGPU on displayport
Mojave 10.14

Following various guides, it seems that my config should run easily Mojave but my screen flickers at best, at worst I can't boot or GPU is not properly recognised and I have no acceleration. I can't figure out to have acceleration, no flickering, monitor recognition and DP.

BIOS
128M allocated

Config.plist

Boot: dart=0
Device: UseIntelHDMI on, IntelGfx blank
Graphics: all blank
System parameter, SMBIOS 18,1 , Kext: detect

Kext
Kext in L/E (all are the most recent ones):
- Apple ALC, CodecCommander, FakeSMC sensors (ACPI, CPU, GPU, LPC, SMM Sensors), FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet,
- Lilu, WhateverGreen, UsbInjectAll
Kext in EFI: FakeSmc

Could I have some help please ?

Attached my config.plist and EFI

Try this config.

Attachments

• edited config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 331
Finally got it working by setting smbios to 18,1 . Somehow I was just playing with the SMBIOS input text instead of generating a real 18,1 using the dropdown menu...Stupid I know, just learned something.

I still don't have audio from DP, ALC works correctly though (layout-id = 7).
I don't have sound at login, but only once I have hotplugged a second HDMI with audio, then magically, I can go back to my main DP monitor and have audio.

Finally got it working by setting smbios to 18,1 . Somehow I was just playing with the SMBIOS input text instead of generating a real 18,1 using the dropdown menu...Stupid I know, just learned something.

I still don't have audio from DP, ALC works correctly though (layout-id = 7).
I don't have sound at login, but only once I have hotplugged a second HDMI with audio, then magically, I can go back to my main DP monitor and have audio.
Could you post your config plist which got it to work?

Intel IGP power management settings come from board ID, not from mac identifier. that's why just changing 18,1 wasn't enough. if you look at plist for intel power management you'll see it used to do system def but later changed to board ID for newer macs. Always good to use wand when changing machine, although it's good to save serials first if they are working with imessage, change everything else to match system def, then put working serials back in so you aren't just generating tons of new serials for no reason and messing up app store and imessage.

changing to 18,1 worked for me. i got hardware acceleration working, but there was glitching/flickering. all i changes was from 18,3 to 18,1 and it seems to be good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back