Contribute
Register

[solved] Fixing USB and USB Based Hardware on Asus N56VZ El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the guidance. I will try to apply it.

Hi there, I can post my DSDT and Kextts I used to fix my USB issues. However do be careful using my DSDT, it may render your laptop unbootable!

Instead I suggest you try using the patches I mentioned in the post.

Best of luck mate!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    81.9 KB · Views: 210
  • USBXHC N56.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 152
Thank you very much. I will use your DSDT only as a reference.

OK. As expected, your DSDT can’t be used on my Asus N76VM. So, I will try to replicate your procedure. In relation to this – as my knowledge about hackintosh installation and patching is sort of "learning on the go" – I would really appreciate some guidance and assistance from you (I apologize if my questions will seem too “childish” to you….).

Hence, I will go step-by-step:

You wrote:
"Was able to fix USB ports by applying the 7 series / 8 series USB patch as well as the the USB_PWR (0x6D and 0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1 patch."

I assume that you are referring to the package “Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master.zip” where I found the following files:
usb_6-series.txt
usb_6-series-id.txt
usb_7-series.txt
usb_7-series-id.txt
usb_7-series-multiplex.txt
usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt
usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt

So, I will use "usb_7-series", "usb_prw_0x0d_xhc" and "usb_prw_0x6d_xhc", right? Any other? And where can I find “8-series” patch?

What do you mean by "Rename XHC to XHC1 patch"? Is that again a certain txt file that I should use or do you mean just a process of manual renaming XHC to XHC1 in my DSDT?

Regarding the patching itself, should I use MaciASL and follow the procedure described on the link below?
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Is this enough to make all USB ports working or do I need to apply the provided kext (USBXHC N56.kext) as well?

6….
If, with your help, I succeed to fix my USB ports, I will then try to proceed with camera and card reader, as you did.

I again apologize if my questions are too basic for you. I try to improve my knowledge every day. Thanks a lot!!!

OK. As expected, your DSDT can’t be used on my Asus N76VM. So, I will try to replicate your procedure. In relation to this – as my knowledge about hackintosh installation and patching is sort of "learning on the go" – I would really appreciate some guidance and assistance from you (I apologize if my questions will seem too “childish” to you….).

You wrote:
"Was able to fix USB ports by applying the 7 series / 8 series USB patch as well as the the USB_PWR (0x6D and 0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1 patch."

I assume that you are referring to the package “Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master.zip” where I found the following files:
usb_6-series.txt
usb_6-series-id.txt
usb_7-series.txt
usb_7-series-id.txt
usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt
usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt

So, I will use "usb_7-series", "usb_prw_0x0d_xhc" and "usb_prw_0x6d_xhc", right? Any other? And where can I find “8-series” patch?

It does not make sense to apply both _PRW patches. Apply only the one applicable to your DSDT (you can tell when you look carefully at the changes preview).

What do you mean by "Rename XHC to XHC1 patch"? Is that again a certain txt file that I should use or do you mean just a process of manual renaming XHC to XHC1 in my DSDT?

Renaming XHC -> XHC1 is not advised. It will only cause problems.

Is this enough to make all USB ports working or do I need to apply the provided kext (USBXHC N56.kext) as well?

More details on USB port injectors here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

You wrote:

usb_6-series.txt
usb_6-series-id.txt
usb_7-series.txt
usb_7-series-id.txt
usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt
usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt

Regarding the patching itself, should I use MaciASL and follow the procedure described on the link below?
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

6….
If, with your help, I succeed to fix my USB ports, I will then try to proceed with camera and card reader, as you did.

I again apologize if my questions are too basic for you. I try to improve my knowledge every day. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi

Yeah Rehab man is correct, by further testing I only required the USB_PWR (0x6D) and the 7 series/8 series patches, I actually didn't need to apply the XHC to XHC1 patch. The three kexts I used to get all USB ports working and internal hardware such as webcam and card reader were the following three.

Let me know if they work out for you, it should work for the N76 variant but it could be different due to the design.

EDIT: USB 3.0 seemed to work out fine for the left two USB ports, by using the FakePCID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID kexts I was able to get USB 3.0 working for all the ports. However USB 2.0 and the internal hardware such as webcam and card reader required the use of the modified port injector (USBXHC N56).

Attachments

• FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 113
  • FakePCIID.kext.zip
    17 KB · Views: 87
  • USBXHC N56.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 102
<Hi,
I dared to try the attached files on my n56vz and yes, virtually everything works now. Thank you very much. The only thing giving me pain is the nonworking audio. Any suggestions? Thanks.>

Nevermind, audio is working now.

Hi there, glad to hear everything works as well as your audio now!

Incase you were interested as to what I do, I make use of clover patches and DummyHDA to get working audio. Ill attach the patches I use as well as the DummyHDA file itself for reference. Everything seems to work beautifully with the exception of my microphone having some noise to it, but its not too big of a deal.

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 107
  • config.plist
    1.7 KB · Views: 269
  • DummyHDA.kext.zip
    353.1 KB · Views: 106
Hi. I would like to thank you for the help. After I applied your kexts, everything works as it should - all USB ports, camera, etc. You saved me a lot of time.... Thanks again, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back