AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm using GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MOBO, and experiencing the problem with firewire after wake-up, so I decided to buy the SYBA firewire pci card.

On boot the card works fine, my external HDD and DV deck are recognized fine, but after wake up the console shows the same old "firewire guid is invalid" and HDD stop working.

Is there any solution?

1 potential issue: this is a 64 bit card, but I'm using it on regular 32bit slot as I don't have any 64 bit pci slot on my mono. Can it be part of the problem?

Solved by replacing the model of the card, please make sure to use the "low profile" version, it is the right chipset

Re: firewire guid is invalid with SYBA pci card

as far as I know SYBA is also using a VIA chip, so I would assume you get the same issues like with the build-in VIA chip on the main board.

I am currently looking into the available options, but have not yet decided which route to go. SYBA and BYTECC seem to use VIA chips, another Vendor I found (StarTech) uses JMicon. Not shire about the Belkin cards yet.

Other posts suggest to use a TI chipset, but that seems to be hard to come by.

Sorry for not having better news.

Re: firewire guid is invalid with SYBA pci card

I stand corrected. I went to the SYBA site to confirm, so I may have looked at a retailer description which was wrong. :oops:

Maybe after all it is not an issue of the chipset.

I have a MOTU 828mkII connected to the Firewire on the main board and the connection gets screwed up badly after waking from sleep. Have to restart the computer and the MOTU in order to get it back to work.

I will start testing things in the next few weeks and report back what I found out.

I have low profile Syba PCI-Express card installed with one 1394a (Firewire 400) port and two 1394b (Firewire 800) ports. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5 with F5 BIOS, and I still see message about firewire guid being invalid in Console after computer sleep.

Has anyone found a solution to this, other than never letting the computer sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back