Quick Start > UEFI BIOS Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek > AlCXX > ALC 1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek > AlCXX > 100 series audio
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311g2958f55.1723
Drivers > network > Intel > MausiiEthernet v2.2.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot mode
Customize > system definitions> iMac > iMac 14,2

using this hardware + bios config + multibeast config WORKS

however, I am trying to do fairly intense rendering and want to monitor the GPU temperatures in my system. I've tried installing the Fake SMC Plugins driver under Misc so that I can monitor my GPU temperature, however, after I install this driver, my system completely stops working when I tried to reboot after installation. Everytime I try to boot into my HD, the system goes into kernel panic and displays the following output (I was only able to take a picture of it, so I've attached)

It would be great to be able to monitor these temperatures but I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks so much !

Attachments

• IMG_6305.JPG
    IMG_6305.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 492
@Smoosajee, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

Try to update HWMonitor, FakeSMC and all sensors to the latest version:
http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg

@Smoosajee, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

Try to update HWMonitor, FakeSMC and all sensors to the latest version:
http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg

Hi, sorry about the errors in my profile, I've just updated it. Thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure how to boot into my system during the kernel panic so I actually wiped my HD since it was blank and reinstalled the OS. I am going to attempt to install the drivers from the .dmg you provided (thanks a lot for that!)

two other questions:
1. If the kernel panic does occur again, I would hold down -f or -x to boot without caches / into safe mode after powering on my machine? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, just want to confirm, I am a total amateur and am new to Hackintosh)

2. after installing the DMG you provided, do I need to do anything additional in Multibeast? If it works, will I also be able to install http://hwsensors.com/public/HWMonitor.app.zip afterwards?

Thank you !

1. If the kernel panic does occur again, I would hold down -f or -x to boot without caches / into safe mode after powering on my machine?
To boot into Safe Mode: At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)
To boot without caches: At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -f to Boot Args
2. after installing the DMG you provided, do I need to do anything additional in Multibeast? If it works, will I also be able to install http://hwsensors.com/public/HWMonitor.app.zip afterwards?
You need to install El Capitan or Sierra only with FakeSMC but without the FakeSMC Plugins.
  • After installation is done download http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg
  • Download KextBeast 2.0.1
  • Remove FakeSMC.kext from /Library/Extensions
  • Open HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg and copy and paste all kext files (FakeSMC + Plugins) to your desktop.
  • From HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg copy and paste the HWMonitor.app in your /Applications folder
  • Run KextBeast installer
  • Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
  • Reboot

To boot into Safe Mode: At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Safe Mode (-x)
To boot without caches: At Clover Boot Screen select Options and add -f to Boot Args

You need to install El Capitan or Sierra only with FakeSMC but without the FakeSMC Plugins.
  • After installation is done download http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg
  • Download KextBeast 2.0.1
  • Open HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg and copy and paste all kext files (FakeSMC + Plugins) to your desktop.
  • From HWSensors.6.25-12-g23039705.1438.Binaries.dmg copy and paste the HWMonitor.app in your /Applications folder
  • Run KextBeast installer
  • Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
  • Reboot

Hi,
Again, thanks so much for these instructions. I am following them now. I installed Sierra using the Quick Start > UEFI BIOS Mode, and it showed FakeSMC as being installed in the configuration (not FakeSMC Plugins). I am following your instructions and am currently on this step:
However, I don't see a FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions. Does this mean it is not installed? It showed as
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311g2958f55.1723 when installed with Multibeast, so I was quite sure I installed it. Can I still proceed with the remainder of your instructions even if the Kext is not there to be deleted? Just wanted to confirm. Thanks

However, I don't see a FakeSMC.kext in /Library/Extensions. Does this mean it is not installed? It showed as
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311g2958f55.1723 when installed with Multibeast, so I was quite sure I installed it.
FakeSMC is mandatory.
Did you do the post-installation and do you boot from your HDD?

FakeSMC is mandatory.
Did you do the post-installation and do you boot from your HDD?

for post-installation (after successfully installing Sierra) I used Multibeast and installed the following configuration:
Quick Start > UEFI BIOS Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek > AlCXX > ALC 1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek > AlCXX > 100 series audio
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311g2958f55.1723
Drivers > network > Intel > MausiiEthernet v2.2.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot mode
Customize > system definitions> iMac > iMac 14,2

(If thats not what you meant by post-installation and it's something else, I apologize).

I am booting from my HDD. The machine & OS are functioning properly, and I saw many .kext files in /Library/Extensions, just not the FakeSMC.kext. I can take a screenshot of what is there if that would be helpful, or should I start over with the whole process by re-installing Mac again, reinstalling with Multibeast again, and then follow your provided instructions?

Thank you for continuing to help me despite my amateur questions. I really appreciate the community here at Tonymac and am going to make a donation!

I am booting from my HDD. The machine & OS are functioning properly, and I saw many .kext files in /Library/Extensions, just not the FakeSMC.kext.
There aren't many kext files in /Library/Extensions, there are many in /System/Library/Extensions
You are probably looking in the wrong folder.

There aren't many kext files in /Library/Extensions, there are many in /System/Library/Extensions
You are probably looking in the wrong folder.

Apologies, I got muddled up and was indeed in the wrong folder. I've followed your instructions and am happy to report I am now seeing sensors! Thank you thank you thank you.

My last question: I was looking to display the GPU temperatures in hardware monitor - I only saw temps for the 'GPU die' and was wondering if that was the actual GPU temperature? If it's not, is there a way to turn on the GPU temp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back