Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi i have everything working so far but i can't login into facetime !!
anyone else ran into this?

Re: facetime not working

Same here, wasn't sure if it was something with my machine or just the Facetime servers acting up right now.

also the same here. I hope that someone would kindly find a solution for us.

Have you used iOS 5 with your AppleID? I've heard of that affecting FaceTime on Lion.

You are certainly NOT alone. Googling this exact problem gives you several links to discussion groups dealing with the same issue. In Snow Leopard (10.6.8) my purchased FaceTime worked perfectly with my iSight (firewire) camera. In Lion (not a clean install but upgraded from 10.6.8 using the exact directions from this site), the camera turns on and my ID is validated, BUT I get an error message, "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later." Using any valid Apple ID I keep getting the same error message. The discussion groups that are dealing with this same problem all say that it seems to be random because it's happening to actual Macs and it doesn't matter what model you're using. I'm not sure about whether it occurs if you do a straight clean install via DVD because others have mentioned they got the same problem with a clean install. BTW if you read about fixing this problem by deleting a certain certificate in the Key Access app, the certificate you're suppose to delete isn't there.

Install Chameleon RC5 r755. This solved login problem in Facetime.

kiFla said:
Install Chameleon RC5 r755. This solved login problem in Facetime.
How can I install it if I already have chimera? I replaced the boot file for the r755 but I get stuck at boot. I've tried twice with the same results!

worked well for me for p55m ud2. face time works without error msg. thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back