Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I was having issues a few days ago with my ethernet port - It looked like it was connecting / disconnecting every once in a while, and so I decided to update my intele1000e driver. Also in the same span of time - I had upgraded my internet service to 100 down / 10 up, in case that makes a difference.

I don't know what I did, but now it works at 5% of it's speed - 5 down and 10 up - both with WIFI only and Ethernet on.

Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1 motherboard (3.1 card not installed).

I tried replacing the intele1000e with AppleIGB (even though it used to cause Kernel panics), and I got 100 down / 0 up, and then it would kernel panic and reboot.
I have confirmed:

-It's not the internet service. My other real Mac Pro works fine. Full 100/10
-It's not the cable - I swapped the cable with the other Mac Pro - it still got full speed.
-It's not the hardware on the Hackintosh - I booted to the Windows side of things and it works - Full 100/10.

I have tried the IntelMausiEthernet.kext (using Kextwizard), doesn't work.

I have now tried 2 different versions of the intele1000e driver - removing the kext, rebuilding cache, and rebooting before installing anything else. No speed improvement - and it's weird that wifi is acting up too, no?

I have done a delete of the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration Folder, to have it recreate itself.

I have a perfect bootable clone of the Boot drive from a day ago. Same issue. I have another non-bootable version of the drive from last week, and am reluctant to restore it, but will if I have to - after backing up the documents directory and a few other things that have changed since then (I keep good backups of those)

I suspect I'm missing something really basic. Can you help?

As a last resort, I will go buy a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter -- but at this point, I'm not sure which one to buy or how to install. Advice on that (if that's the case) would be appreciated too.

Ok, this is dumb. I cloned the boot drive from the earlier backup from a few weeks ago - same issue. Sigh.

Problem Solved. Startech.com USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter - with drivers from their site for 10.9 to 10.11. Done and done. Removed both Intele1000e and AppleIGB kexts. Highly recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back