Register

[solved]eSATA not working in Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eSATA not working in Lion?

mmaenpaa said:
missile0407 said:
mmaenpaa said:
Those kexts files just change the names of those controllers in System profiler, for example Marvell 9128 controller gets called Marvell 88SE9128 instead of Unknown AHCI controller.
Thanks for help!
But after I add code into dsdt, eSATA still not show in SATA list
Untill I do this in E/E

Delete:IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Add:AHCIPortInjector.kext

After reboot, JMB362 is show on the SATA list
But now a problem is, Mac can't detect my eSATA device
It can't detect my harddisk by eSATA.

Or maybe I coded in the wrong place
Can u check my dsdt?

Have you tried with a disk connected when starting up, mine doesn't support hot plugging either. I have tried to look for a data sheet of this controller so I might be able to fix this problem but haven't found anything.
I tried, and BIOS also can see that disk.
But still not detect in Mac

I see that instead of replacing the original code for JMB0 and JMB1 like I did you added my modifications to existing code. For my Sabertooth system it seems to work also this way and now suddenly even hot plugging seems to be working :)

Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 21.24.21.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 21.24.21.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 480

mmaenpaa said:
I see that instead of replacing the original code for JMB0 and JMB1 like I did you added my modifications to existing code. For my Sabertooth system it seems to work also this way and now suddenly even hot plugging seems to be working :)

My dsdt code can make your eSATA to hot-plug? That's a good news!

So maybe my dsdt is not write into the currect hardware ID?

I'll try to find out.

....After I tried, the JMB362's position is in PEX3
It's correct position, but I don't know why my JMB362 still not work....
Maybe Sandy Bridge had some special positions that I didn't know.

Looks like I need to switch back to Windows to use it.
So disappoint, but it is nothing I can do.......for now.

Thanks mmaenpaa for help, I wish we can solve this problem in one day.

My eSATA has become very flaky recently within Lion (running 10.7.2 now). Drives will (usually) mount, but access is very sporadic: sometimes a QuickTime will open instantly, sometimes it'll take minutes. Playback of video files that worked fine before now doesn't happen, though I can sometimes scrub through the timeline in a video. General access is in practice unusable.

I've tried the 3rd Party SATA and eSATA kexts within the newest version of MultiBeast, but neither of them resolve the issue. I'm trying to find a copy of the old JMicron36xESATA.kext, to see if that helps. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Other than that, does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

And just in case anyone can spot an obvious conflict, here's a screengrab of the IO kexts in my Extensions folder (I've removed the 3rd party drivers for the time being)

Extensions.jpg

Success!

After my research, maybe Z68 can't use X series chipset coding.

So I edit DSDT and according "stradivari" 's DSDT code

Now my eSATA can normally using!

Attachments

• ???? 2012-01-14 ??1.36.25.png
    ???? 2012-01-14 ??1.36.25.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 407
  • dsdt.aml
    37 KB · Views: 140

missile0407 said:
Success!

After my research, maybe Z68 can't use X series chipset coding.

So I edit DSDT and according "stradivari" 's DSDT code

Now my eSATA can normally using!

Can you post your edited DSDT so I try use it? Thanks!

adrianjgsmith said:
My eSATA has become very flaky recently within Lion (running 10.7.2 now). Drives will (usually) mount, but access is very sporadic: sometimes a QuickTime will open instantly, sometimes it'll take minutes. Playback of video files that worked fine before now doesn't happen, though I can sometimes scrub through the timeline in a video. General access is in practice unusable.

I've tried the 3rd Party SATA and eSATA kexts within the newest version of MultiBeast, but neither of them resolve the issue. I'm trying to find a copy of the old JMicron36xESATA.kext, to see if that helps. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Other than that, does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

And just in case anyone can spot an obvious conflict, here's a screengrab of the IO kexts in my Extensions folder (I've removed the 3rd party drivers for the time being)

Extensions.jpg

Apple have definitely changed something with ESATA in 10.7.3, my JMicron controller stops functioning properly as soon as I update from 10.7 to 10.7.3 on a fresh install on my Asus P5k-E Wifi-AP. For now I'm using the 10.7 AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily kexts on 10.7.3 and seems to be more reliable.

barren said:
For now I'm using the 10.7 AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily kexts on 10.7.3 and seems to be more reliable.

Sounds interesting. I thought it was something to do with Lion generally, as I remember it working ok in Snow Leopard. I'd like to give this a try, but where did you get the 10.7.0 AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily kexts from?

Edit: I found the 10.7.1 kexts from a Time Machine backup, and you're right, Barren, it's fixed it for me too.

Unfortunately it's not hot swappable, and I'm loathe to remove the the "<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>" argument from AppleAHCIPort.kext (Stradivari's advice to allow hot-swapping) as the eSATA port looks to share the same Intel 6 controller as my SATA ports, and I don't want to mess with them. I can live without hot-swapping as I also have a PCI Express eSATA card which I can use when I do need it. Thanks for your help, Barren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back