Contribute
Register

[Solved] Erratic screen from wake - first build help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Ultra Gaming > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I've just built my first Hackintosh. It's been a good experience and one that might have been a little easier had I spent more time reading the motherboard manual. That said, it's all up and running and appears to be fine from boot.

My main issues is that once the computer sleeps, the screen behaves erratically after awakening. Goes black, then shows patches of the screen in small one inch blocks and other random stuff. Pulling the DisplayPort cable and then reinserting it fixes the issue. Am trying to work out what is going on and how to fix. Have played with Darkwake settings (0,8,10), checked the BIOS to force graphics card but same issue. Also happens with each of the three display ports and the HDMI also. Using the latest NVIDIA web drivers and needed to put the system into emulation mode to get the OS to let me chose the NVIDIA drivers. They appear to be working fine with a successful Unigine Heaven benchmark result.

I've tried to find the solution by searching in the forums etc. but am thinking that I am missing something basic or overlooking something. Any help, suggestions, greatly appreciated!

Here are my build specifics - running Sierra 10.12.4
MB:(GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming)
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5
Memory:Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
Wifi:802.11AC Desktop Wifi Card 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 FeniviUS
Drives: Boot Samsung 850 250GB, NVME Samsung 960 500GB, Seagate 3TB HD

I've just built my first Hackintosh. It's been a good experience and one that might have been a little easier had I spent more time reading the motherboard manual. That said, it's all up and running and appears to be fine from boot.

My main issues is that once the computer sleeps, the screen behaves erratically after awakening. Goes black, then shows patches of the screen in small one inch blocks and other random stuff. Pulling the DisplayPort cable and then reinserting it fixes the issue. Am trying to work out what is going on and how to fix. Have played with Darkwake settings (0,8,10), checked the BIOS to force graphics card but same issue. Also happens with each of the three display ports and the HDMI also. Using the latest NVIDIA web drivers and needed to put the system into emulation mode to get the OS to let me chose the NVIDIA drivers. They appear to be working fine with a successful Unigine Heaven benchmark result.

I've tried to find the solution by searching in the forums etc. but am thinking that I am missing something basic or overlooking something. Any help, suggestions, greatly appreciated!

Here are my build specifics - running Sierra 10.12.4
MB:(GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming)
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5
Memory:Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
Wifi:802.11AC Desktop Wifi Card 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 FeniviUS
Drives: Boot Samsung 850 250GB, NVME Samsung 960 500GB, Seagate 3TB HD

I posted a similar post after you and got a response. I have the same graphics card. Here's where BreBo pointed me to.
05/02 Added Temporary Fix] Pascal / GTX 1060 Glitching after waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back