Contribute
Register

[Solved] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450 in HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the reply... kindly confirm once you checked... I like to purchase this gpu temporarily, especially for fcpx. :)

Hi
Need some help. I have recently switched my office desktop to a newer Gigabyte mainboard with Core i3 - 3220 processor. For graphics, I am using AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 GB version. This same GFX card was working fine in my previous Intel 2nd gen build in High Sierra. I am using Clover patches and Fake ID for the machine to recognise the GFX card and the system is showing that it is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series 1 GB card. Although, I am getting full resolution & QE/CI, the colour is constantly flickering. Any suggestions? I am attaching the ioreg & Clover zip folder sans the themes one. BTW, here is my build info:

MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9)
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI
CPU: IvyBridge Core i3 3220
High Sierra 10.13.2 (17CBB)

This is off topic to what you created your thread for but your config plist and kexts have helped me get my HD5450 with full QE/CI working! Thank you!

Do you happen to notice a lag in typing and scrolling when working with Microsoft Office suite (if you use it)?

I've noticed my graphic card behaves fine but there is this noticeable lag using Office suite. It wasn't there on Sierra. I wanted to know if you have a smooth experience on your machine or do you experience occasional slow downs with certain program. I've 12GB RAM but only a gig of GPU.

Hi
Need some help. I have recently switched my office desktop to a newer Gigabyte mainboard with Core i3 - 3220 processor. For graphics, I am using AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 GB version. This same GFX card was working fine in my previous Intel 2nd gen build in High Sierra. I am using Clover patches and Fake ID for the machine to recognise the GFX card and the system is showing that it is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series 1 GB card. Although, I am getting full resolution & QE/CI, the colour is constantly flickering. Any suggestions? I am attaching the ioreg & Clover zip folder sans the themes one. BTW, here is my build info:

Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI
CPU: IvyBridge Core i3 3220
High Sierra 10.13.2 (17CBB)

Just here to say - thanks - this thread helped me. Updated to 10.3.3 supplementary update with no hiccups at all.

Last edited:
Can you please upload your original and patched bios , I would like to patch my own but i'm not very sure how the final product should look like ...

Can you please upload your original and patched bios , I would like to patch my own but i'm not very sure how the final product should look like ...

attached the MSI HD5450 original and patched bios for your reference

Attachments

• Compressed file.dmg
    156.8 KB · Views: 477
Hi all, this thread helped me too. I had an old MSI HD5450 that I wasn't using. Added it to my wife's rig. It runs better now!

I had Graphics problem in macOS high Sierra ( both Beta and later the Release versions) with my Radeon 5450. I had posted how I solved it here:#1
You may take a look and see if that is what you are experiencing and whether that fix could help you.
Hello cmn699, thanks a lot for the inspiration now I can get my HD5450 512MB works. I need to patch the Framebuffer otherwise I'll get a black screen with output via DVI. It is a DELL DESKTOP PART (CP483118-03) doesn't have HDMI, a rare one. Here're my steps for others to experiment.

* FakeID: 0x68E01002 in config.plist>Devices ,
* [X] Inject ATI in config.plist>Graphics *Black screen otherwise*
* [Eulemur] as FB Name in config.plist>Graphics, Framebuffer patched with correct ports using
AMD Framebuffer Utility

I think rebuilding kernel cache is needed after 1st reboot. I did that already so can't tell whether it is compulsory.

Ati 5450 1G of vram and Ati 5450 512M of vram
Are they the same ? They both can use the same configuration?
please answer. because I am thinking if I install Sierra or High Sierra with my ATi 5450 512M, would it be compatible?

Hi
For graphics, I am using AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 GB version... BTW, here is my build info:

Hot diggity daffodil! Thx for posting your config, by digging through it I was able to get my 6450 working properly with clover on Sierra. All it really needed was the FBName Cedar or Eulemur.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Cedar</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Here's the fake id (required) and framebuffer name that works on both my 5450 cards (512 & 1G) in an Optiplex 990 or 3020

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x68E01002</string>
</dict>
</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
</dict> <key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>3</integer>
</dict>

Last edited:
I just install mojave with my dc 7900 + hd 5450, I only try youtube and movie, looks ok, what make you crazy, games??
Mojave not support HD 5450. Please show screenshot of 'About Machine' of top-left logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back