Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Ive been trying to install El Capitan with Unibeast for a couple days now with no luck. Ive been going through the tonymacx86 guide step by step. but when i try to load it onto the new build at the clover screen where i select "Boot Mac OSX from USB" the apple logo comes on, and then it just keeps resetting and goes back to the clover screen.

When i made the install drive for el capitan with 1 partition, it was set to UFEI and with no graphics card highlighted. and multibeast folder was dragged onto the usb like the guide instructed.

I also tried making an installer drive with sierra but it gets stuck on the apple with black screen.

All of my hard drives are disconnected except for a formatted samsung evo 850 and the install usb drive.
And my GTX960 is also unplugged and video is coming from the motherboard.

In my BIOS Settings:
Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d
, disabled it
CFG-Lock, disable it ------> I dont have this setting in my BIOS
Secure Boot Mode, disable it ------> I dont have this setting in my BIOS
OS Type to Other OS
IO SerialPort
, disabled it
XHCI Handoff to Enabled

I have pictures of my bios settings, Am i missing something? Is the hardware the issue?

My Setup:
Intel i7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X UD5 Motherboard
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 | Not Connected
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Connected
Samsung 950 Evo M.2 | Not connected
Western Digital Red HDDS | Not Connected
NZXT H440 Case

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    744.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    772.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    805.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Binairies patching > Fake CPUID
[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Ive solved some initial problems and have been able to go through the apple install stage, going through multibeast and loading some of the kexts.

My problem now is that once everything is done and i shut it down and restart, it keeps automatically rebooting booting. im pretty sure its the config.plist for clover. I havent been able to add all the right settings. I found working config.p list by another user (kris33) who is using my same mobo and cpu.

Is there a way to copy & paste the list directly into clover post install?

After i go through the installation, in clover configurator, it shows that the current boot disk is the recovery hd. But it was not in safe mode when i formatted the drive in disk utility. I think this is why it keeps auto rebooting at the apple screen after i restart it and pull out the USB installer drive. Has anyone run into this problem? Its happening when installing in both el capitan and sierra

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back