GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti FTW
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello thanks for reading this.

I had a properly running install of El Cap on a ga-Z77x-up5-th (3770k) and I did something stupid and fried the mobo.

I can't get my hands on another up5-th and I am desperate to recover the installation for one reason or another.

I have purchased a B75M-D3h and have tried to boot w/ proper bios settings with various flags and even through the boot usb with no luck, the best I can get is the prohibited sign with garbled unreadable verbose text. I have scoured the forums and can't find an answer. I'm somewhat desperate at this point. I assume another up5-th would work out of the box but that may be an incorrect assumption even if I can find one available.

Please help with advice or another thread that I may have missed in searching. Thanks in advance.

Hello thanks for reading this.

I had a properly running install of El Cap on a ga-Z77x-up5-th (3770k) and I did something stupid and fried the mobo.

I can't get my hands on another up5-th and I am desperate to recover the installation for one reason or another.

I have purchased a B75M-D3h and have tried to boot w/ proper bios settings with various flags and even through the boot usb with no luck, the best I can get is the prohibited sign with garbled unreadable verbose text. I have scoured the forums and can't find an answer. I'm somewhat desperate at this point. I assume another up5-th would work out of the box but that may be an incorrect assumption even if I can find one available.

Please help with advice or another thread that I may have missed in searching. Thanks in advance.

I have a build consisting of a GA-B75M-D3H motherboard, Xeon E3 1230 v2 CPU, and GT640 graphics card. It runs Mountain Lion / Mavericks / Yosemite / El Capitan. I boot each OS using an Unibeast USB stick.

Have you tried to remove your graphics card and just boot using the CPU graphics?

I'm an idiot. AHCI was not set proper. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back