Contribute
Register

(solved)EFI folder missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use EFi mounter and not clover configurator for mounting the EFI volume. In my case when use clover configurator to mount the EFi volume it opens a folder in the current partition where sierra is installed. It is just weird.

When I boot sierra with the pendrive it boots fine but when I copy and paste the stuff from bootloader pendrive to the EFi volume (as I dont know how to install 3750 fresh onto EFI volume) the system on restart detects the clover efi boot volume but then once I select the selected sierra volume to boot just get blank screen. I checked the verbose mode but nothing shows I dont think the volume is even booted.

I upgraded from elcap so at that time I had 3270 in EFI volume and everything used to work fine... and now I copy 3750 to the efi volume and I unable to boot the system.

my case is a little diff, i use terminal to mount my drives using the diskutil list command and then the diskutil mount /dev/****s1 command (asterisk = disk number)
only thing there is the apple folder

try this on your terminal
diskutil list
diskutil mount diskXsY && killall Terminal

X=disk #
Y=partition of EFI

then check your pc if the EFI partition mounted, EFI folder will be there

so this is what i did to get it to show up:
diskutil list
diskutil mount /dev/disk3s1 killall terminal

you get this output:

diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1 killall terminal
Usage: diskutil mount [readOnly] [-mountPoint Path] DiskIdentifier|DeviceNode
Mount will mount the volume in the "standard" place (/Volumes), unless
an optional mount point is specified.

i then type :
diskutil mount /dev/disk3s1

EFI mounted with clover folder now showing

Thanks for the killall command Jagard

I need help guys, I just upgraded from Sierra to Mojave and I can not see my efi folder, clover configuratior and efi mounter can not detect it

I need help guys
You are necroposting to a thread that died in 2016. Start a new one of your own.
If you want help you must read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back