Contribute
Register

|SOLVED| Dual video card dsdt setup help/guide Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
henjenagin said:
1 - PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (single at x16 mode)
1 - PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (at x4 mode, compatible with pci-e x1 and x4 devices)

Straight from the manual

I can boot with GTX 465 in either slot,
8600 GT in neither slot

i get the feeling your 8600 gt is shot. do you have a spare hdd to run a test snowleopard install? u could jst do that then get the settings for it that way if it works

I tried my other 8600 and got the same result.
(Used to have them SLI'd in old system.)

henjenagin said:
I tried my other 8600 and got the same result.
(Used to have them SLI'd in old system.)

here is a question. do u have graphics enabler set to yes. it should be no. if you have a spare hdd i would install s/l and see if you can boot into s/l with graphics enabler = no. this way u can still get the settings needed for your custom plist, install them in you lion with only your main graphics card in. run multibeast system utilities. shut down install second card since you had already gotin the slot settings from snow leopard and installed the kext. reboot and see if lion works.

here is a question. do u have graphics enabler set to yes. it should be no. if you have a spare hdd i would install s/l and see if you can boot into s/l with graphics enabler = no. this way u can still get the settings needed for your custom plist, install them in you lion with only your main graphics card in. run multibeast system utilities. shut down install second card since you had already gotin the slot settings from snow leopard and installed the kext. reboot and see if lion works.

Installed s/l to spare hdd with 8600.
Ran gfxutil for the device properties on the card.
Booted into lion with gtx465 card and added 8600 card info to in.plist.
Set the graphics enabler to no.
Ran gfxutil for hex.out string.
Added to /extra/extentions/com.apple.boot.plist.
Re-installed 8600 with gtx465.
Same KP during boot. Tried (-v), (-v -f), (-v -x) flags and still the same panic.

:banghead: I know it has been done, I'm just missing something somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back