Contribute
Register

|SOLVED| Dual video card dsdt setup help/guide Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ud2h
CPU
core i7
Graphics
9400gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello all, iv got my z68x-ud2h running perfectly with lion. i would like to run 2 monitors and plex on my tv. to do this i need to have 2 video cards running. I have 9400gt as my main card. i want to connect the tv to the 8300gs card. when i plug in each card separately, lion boots up no problem. when i have both cards installed, lion remains at a blue screen and keeps flicking/flashing.

Any ideas of how i can use/make a custom dsdt to get thing rolling in lion?
I already have enabled apple 64bit boot screen in multibeast.

Thanks

Re: Dual video card dsdt setup help/guide Lion?

bump? anyone

I've been working on this one for awhile now, too. I have different graphics cards, though.

GTX 465 & 8600 GT

I've been reading this post here:
http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hack1&action=display&thread=569

My problems arise when I pull the 465 out of slot one, add the 8600 to slot two and reboot. I get a KP before it finishes booting. BSD process involving kexts.

henjenagin said:
I've been working on this one for awhile now, too. I have different graphics cards, though.

GTX 465 & 8600 GT

My problems arise when I pull the 465 out of slot one, add the 8600 to slot two and reboot. I get a KP before it finishes booting. BSD process involving kexts.

with lion? iv been wondering for 1 that the system hdd in lion is hidden. hmm

what i have decided to do is give the next 2 days post work to solving this. so im going to erase my lion partition. see if i can get it working in 10.6.8 before upgrading.

lesterine said:
lion? iv been wondering for 1 that the system hdd in lion is hidden. hmm

Yes, with Lion.

Everything installed without a hitch. I wrote the Lion upgrade over the Snow Leopard partition. All settings and applications remained the same as before the upgrade.

Hidden drive? This is from Apple Support Communities:

Select Finder Preferences from the Finder menu and click on the General icon in the toolbar. Check the boxes for what you want displayed on the Desktop.

Solved. both cards are working on lion with with full acceleration and full resolution. gt 9400 running my 24in main monitor and 55in plasma at 1080p. 8400 gs running my 21in. i will do a slight writeup later

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-27 at 1.59.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-27 at 1.59.11 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 406
I'll wait patiently for the guide...
k...you done yet?...

...how bout now?

henjenagin said:

GTX 465 & 8600 GT

here is a question for you. how many pci-e slots do u have? my board has 3 x8 ,x4,x16 i had a problem like what you discribed when i pulled my main card from x16 and put my secondary card into x8. it would kp and jst restart over and over. when i put it into x4 it booted up no problem.

1 - PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (single at x16 mode)
1 - PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (at x4 mode, compatible with pci-e x1 and x4 devices)

Straight from the manual

I can boot with GTX 465 in either slot,
8600 GT in neither slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back