Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Dual Monitor - Black Screen Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the bios , try to put IGFX and not PCI 1 and activate internal graphics

When I activate internal graphics in the BIOS, I boot to 1 blank screen with a spinning wheel. I get through everything verbose, so the OS is running but I believe that there is a graphics issue.

I don't have any references to internal graphics in my config.plist. I attached a copy if someone wants to take a look.

Attachments

• config.plist 10.20.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 141
I think I have the same issue. Got mine updated to High Sierra, nvidia drivers installed, but I can only boot with one monitor. If I plug both in, after I log in, both monitors turn black. Anyone found a fix for this yet?

The issue is solved with the latest Nvidia Drivers 378.10.10.10.15.121.

Thanks all for your help ;)

I had the same issue with High Sierra and AMD HD7850 card. I'm using an ATEN DVI KVM switch. It worked at installation time but not when i rebooted. I had one monitor with images and one black one. I found the hint to the problem when setting monitor options on the displaying monitor that settings for both screens ended up in changing the settings of it. So the OS just merged the interface data for some reason into one monitor. So i used two DisplayPort-DVI active adapters and put them into the DP outlets and it fixed all the problems immediately.

But i now worry because my dream setup is using 3 more monitors :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back