Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
I have installed both Sierra and Windows 10 in UEFI mode on the same GUID SSD. The bios is set to "UEFI only". Windows is definitely installed in UEFI as it automatically added the Microsoft folder in my EFI partition. I went to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and renamed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Then I copied EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi. So now I can boot both Windows 10 and OSX from the clover menu.

The issue is that in order to get into Windows 10, I have to select Boot "EFI from EFI" in the Clover menu. The actual windows partition is still showing as Legacy HD5. There are total of 4 partitions - EFI, OSX, MSR(16mb hidden) and Windows 10.

I ran
Code:
bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi
and created specific EFI inside of Windows, but the partition still shows "Legacy". I want to be able to boot from the Windows partition directly in UEFI mode and not the main EFI partition. I've been reading guides and FAQs all day but can't get it to boot from the windows partition directly.

Any ideas what am I missing? Thanks!

The EFI boot loader for Win10 is located in the EFI partition - hence boot Windows EFI from EFI is the icon you use to boot Windows. When you install Win10 in UEFI mode it will automatically put the boot loader file in the EFI partition.
Why does it make such a difference to you? If it is one of those minor annoyances like an itch you just cannot scratch, try hiding the non-boot partitions with Clover Configurator, rename the "boot Windows EFI from EFI" icon to Win10.

Not sure what happened but I deleted/recreated the c:\EFI few times and it finally worked.

Code:
bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back