Graphics
PNY GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having serious issues on my dual-boot (Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3) after upgrading to Sierra. It may be related to a bad install. When I installed I mistakenly didn't set the Without Caches option or Inject Kexts option. However, I let it run and at first everything seemed to run great in MacOS. I even restarted a few times after letting it run some updates. Strangely, I stepped away for a while and found the computer was in Windows. I never restarted it and Windows is not the default OS on boot. After trying to restart into MacOS, I realized I had some problems. In UEFI, it would boot to the black Apple splash screen, but the progress bar would never start to fill. I end up with a big "NO" symbol. In verbose, it wants to hang at "HID: Legacy shim 2" before spitting out some garbled lines and failing to launch. I have tried UEFI and legacy. I also tried nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 considering I have an nVidia GTX 650. I had some issues one other time with the dual-boot, but the boot arguments I had when it worked were "kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0". I am also running as iMac13.1. My boot device list looks like this:

Mac OS X
Mac OS X
SATA PM: ST31000524AS (Primary Master, MacOS)
SATA SM: ST1000DM003-1CH162 (Secondary Master, Win)
UEFI: ST31000524AS

I'm not sure why my Windows install doesn't have UEFI. That may have been part of my problem before, but I could at least load MacOS. At this point I can't get MacOS or Windows to start and I am at a loss. It could be related to nVidia, UEFI, Clover, or something else. I don't even know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well I might have fixed it. Following some instructions I had reset my BIOS settings to default and forgot to reset AHCI. :facepalm: Still odd the way it worked for a while and then just quit. I may be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back