Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55-UD3
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTS250
Hey guys!

The issue I'm having is that when I boot my computer from iBoot, the system loads in less than five seconds, and it feels like a real mac. As soon as I install DSDT with Multibeast, and include the bare minimum kexts (to enable audio and ethernet) it takes more than twice as long to boot, and the system doesn't feel as responsive.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to search for an answer for this. I understand using a DSDT makes for a more vanilla install, so updates etc don't take issue with kexts that enable the motherboards chipsets.

I've tried booting verbose to figure it out, but there are not many errors. It does show that it's waiting for DSMOS, which is Apples hardware/software verification isn't it?

Anyway, any help will be appreciated!

Re: DSDT = Slow, iBoot = Fast

Can you post a few more details.
What version of Multibeast are you running?
Are you overclocking?
What kind of Hard Drive is your OS installed on?

Lets see how your performance looks using Cinebench.

http://www.maxon.net/downloads/cinebenc ... h-115.html

Run the OpenGL and CPU tests and post the numbers here.

-John

Using latest version of Multibeast. Just did clean install.

Am overclocking, just increased multiplier to max, and BLCK to 160 for Ram speed to be correct.

Hard drive is a WD 7200rpm drive, standard.

Performance is on par with everyone else. Geekbench pulls 9200, Cinebench shows 32fps for gfx, and around 4.5-5 for CPU.

Cheers

speeding_ant: Care to share how you SOLVED this ?

Sorry - perhaps didn't make it clear. Was just answering question above.

Still not solved, is still taking 15-20 seconds to boot at the Apple screen. iBoot is still producing consistent results on startup, around 5 -8 seconds.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back