Gigabyte 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I installed DA:O several months ago when it was on sale and it ran albeit poorly since I was using integrated graphics. About a month ago I purchased a Gigabyte 6850 and installed it. Most of the games I have run a ton better now, though Dragon Age now crashes on start up. I have tried reinstalling the game, patching and running unpatched, as well as running it without the dlc and awakening installed, but so far nothing has worked. Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks

Edit: Ok, I finally got around to getting GraphicsEnabler=Yes to work. I've been trying to for a while now, and it always just booted with a black screen. Well, I finally stumbled across a thread suggesting switching the DVI port, and sure enough it boots fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The card is no longer identified as 6xxx in System Report, and Dragon Age boots!

Seriously, I think the majority of the problems I've had with my hackintosh have been resolved by switching which port I'm using. You'd think I'd remember to try that first :oops:

Re: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate will not run

Same problem here. I just gave up because Diablo 3 is out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back