Contribute
Register

[Solved] Does not boot from SSD, only from USB - GA-Z97M-DH3, Intel 4600 Graphics flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, BreBo!

Thanks a lot for your help.

I will try it asap and post the results here. VT-d has always been disabled. BIOS DVMT-prealloc: will revert it to 64 Mb. Monitor connection is digital for sure.

Regards,

Carlos

Tried to reinstall v 10.13.1 today and... it worked! Tried 10.13.2 before and it did not work... I will make a copy of the disk tomorrow and try to upgrade to 13.2, will go back to 13.1 if I can't make it work.

I used BreBo recommendations regarding the Intel 4600 Graphics (edited config.plist with CloverConfigurator) and flicker is gone!

Some observations, however:
  1. Lightroom could not find the catalog I was using in Sierra. I had to create a new one and merge with the original one. Then, I had to synchronize some missing folders. I have no idea why this happened, maybe it has to do with installation, when I had to create a new user to bring my data/apps/etc back from Time Machine. Problem corrected;
  2. Chrome came back as the last time I used it in Sierra, all tabs opened - no problems at all;
  3. MySQL working just as I left it in Sierra. Tried some queries in the databases, all fine;
  4. Had to reinstall Photoshop, no hassle here;
  5. Anaconda Navigator not working. I found out that, with this new user issue a new user, called "cgh 1" (with a blank character between the "h" and the "1") was now my root user and Anaconda Navigator will not accept this blank! Tried to reinstall and same problem happened;
  6. Seems that flask has the same problem;
  7. It seems that other apps are working fine: CyberGhost, MacKeeper, SQLPro.
  8. Boot seems just as fast as with Sierra, using APFS;
  9. All USB 3.0 ports working fine, ditto for audio and the Bluetooth dongle, which is quite old and seems to be working better with the Apple bluetooth & kbd.
Well, I think I can get these small bugs fixed tomorrow. Thank you all, BreBo in particular.

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back