Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z270F Gaming
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I managed to boot El Capitan 11.4 installer on my laptop with clover with no panics. Used Rehabman's guide, and everything went fine, the problem is: when i reach the installer, Disk Utility takes forever to load my internal hard disk, never actually loading them, and can only see the usb drive it's running from. Any ideas? I'll post my EFI folder, and BIOS settings should be fine, sata controller is AHCI
View attachment EFI.zip

Disk Utility can't load my internal drive

Guys?

I managed to boot El Capitan 11.4 installer on my laptop with clover with no panics. Used Rehabman's guide, and everything went fine, the problem is: when i reach the installer, Disk Utility takes forever to load my internal hard disk, never actually loading them, and can only see the usb drive it's running from. Any ideas? I'll post my EFI folder, and BIOS settings should be fine, sata controller is AHCI
View attachment 183919

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Post output of 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal.

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I think I fixed allright my signature. This is the output of lspci from debian live:
ty3oT1um.jpg
Also I attach EFI folder. Thanks for the help.View attachment EFI.zip

EDIT: After I read this post I tried using SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext, copying it into kexts/other folder, but still no results. I'm posting my EFI again, maybe I placed it wrong: View attachment EFI.zip

I think I fixed allright my signature. This is the output of lspci from debian live:
View attachment 184030
Also I attach EFI folder. Thanks for the help.View attachment 184031

EDIT: After I read this post I tried using SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext, copying it into kexts/other folder, but still no results. I'm posting my EFI again, maybe I placed it wrong: View attachment 184035

Your chipset is not 100-series. As a result, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext does not apply and has no effect. Your SATA controller, 8086:9c83, is supported natively by AppleAHCIPort.kext.

No need for patched ACPI to install. Remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

The kexts you have in Clover/kexts/Other are not per guide.

Removed DSDT.aml, but I need UBSInjectAll.kext or else I get still waiting for root device. All other kexts are the ones listed in the guide...

Removed DSDT.aml, but I need UBSInjectAll.kext or else I get still waiting for root device. All other kexts are the ones listed in the guide...

USBInjectAll.kext is fine. It is not atypical to need it.

Where do you think the problem is then?

Where do you think the problem is then?

No idea. More information will be required. For example, it might help if you provided a photo of what you see in Disk Utility.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

This is what I see in disk utility:
JoiN7j2N.jpg
If I open terminal and do "diskutil list" this is what I see:
3uD5DDFo.jpg

I created the installer using UniBeast on another hackintosh, but before starting over using Unibeast again or another method I would like to try to find a solution because I have not easy access to that computer anymore. Any ideas what that screen could mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back