Motherboard
Asus Z370-p II
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
Radeon RX570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I tried to install a totally new High Sierra on a disk with a bootable USB, I found there was no any other disk but USB in selection
276832-bc7a31de73424ec047e9e95baaa2d310.jpg

Then I opened Disk Utility in USB installer, the disk didn't show the partition, and Disk Utility reported the disk uninitialized on the right.
276833-14555064c9fcf454c2f8660918059a3f.jpg

I found a solution in the forum and followed the instruction, editing Clover->config.plist in USB installer Fix for ICH10.
But sadly it didn't work either.

276834-34acaeb0c81723ba66e7355375ee2f91.jpg

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Attachments

• WechatIMG281.jpeg
    WechatIMG281.jpeg
    717.8 KB · Views: 91
  • WechatIMG183.jpeg
    WechatIMG183.jpeg
    919.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 1522463887397.jpg
    1522463887397.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 86
Disk Utility - View - Show All Devices.
Close and reopen Disk Utility.

Disk Utility - View - Show All Devices.
Close and reopen Disk Utility.
It's been in this status. You can see the USB installer and Disk image shows the partition(Volume) in the screenshot.

Important is that there is no disk to choose when continue the installation, only shows USB.:cry:

I found a solution in the forum and followed the instruction, editing Clover->config.plist in USB installer Fix for ICH10.
But sadly it didn't work either.

Don´t know your hardware details but you might be successful by connecting your target disk to a SATA port that is not based on an Intel chip. On my rig I have the option to choose between Intel and Marvel based ports.
If the ICH10 fix does not work for you, you might also try to revive the Intel ports during post installation by using a modified version of AppleAHCIPort.kext. I don´t have a link at hand, but Google or the search function of the board will help you.

Don´t know your hardware details but you might be successful by connecting your target disk to a SATA port that is not based on an Intel chip. On my rig I have the option to choose between Intel and Marvel based ports.
If the ICH10 fix does not work for you, you might also try to revive the Intel ports during post installation by using a modified version of AppleAHCIPort.kext. I don´t have a link at hand, but Google or the search function of the board will help you.
You can see my hardware details in signature, old assembly;)

I had tried to place AppleAHCIPort.kext in Clover->kexts->10.13 & other, I thought it would work, but sorry:cry:. I followed this tutorial.

BTW, Sierra installation is ok on the disk.

Last edited:
You can see my hardware details in signature, old assembly;)

I had tried to place AppleAHCIPort.kext in Clover->kexts->10.13 & other, I thought it would work, but sorry:cry:. I followed this tutorial.

BTW, Sierra installation is ok on the disk.

With "details" I meant the kind of SATA controllers built into your ancient hardware ;-)
Never tried to put the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext into Clover>kexts>other.
I have it installed using kextbeast and into /library/extensions which works for me. It is the old version 328 which simply has a modified version number of 999.1.1 so it gets loaded instead of the original 329 from system/library/extensions.

But talking about the installation phase of high sierra, I rather make sure to connect the target drive to a non Intel SATA connector so I do not have to take care of that issue in that stage. Other drives also disconnected just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Just for curiosity I checked the manual of your mobo: Seems like all 4 of your (3Gb/s) SATA connectors are linked directly to the Intel H61 chipset. So a workaround by using a different connector will not be possible for you. Until Apple fixes the AppleAHCIPort.kext in a never version your damned to use another workaround or stay on sierra.

Last edited:
With "details" I meant the kind of SATA controllers built into your ancient hardware ;-)
Never tried to put the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext into Clover>kexts>other.
I have it installed using kextbeast and into /library/extensions which works for me. It is the old version 328 which simply has a modified version number of 999.1.1 so it gets loaded instead of the original 329 from system/library/extensions.

But talking about the installation phase of high sierra, I rather make sure to connect the target drive to a non Intel SATA connector so I do not have to take care of that issue in that stage. Other drives also disconnected just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Just for curiosity I checked the manual of your mobo: Seems like all 4 of your (3Gb/s) SATA connectors are linked directly to the Intel H61 chipset. So a workaround by using a different connector will not be possible for you. Until Apple fixes the AppleAHCIPort.kext in a never version your damned to use another workaround or stay on sierra.
Some solutions do suggest to place AppleAHCIPort.kext into Clover>kexts>other(works or not, have to take a try), and I tried to install it in /library/extensions, but I only found system/library/extensions on the USB installer(hard disk's even empty). Worse, KextBeast skips “destination select" after agree license:(

Updating all hardwares is the best way, haha. Just wanna see how far it can go with such ancient stuff.

Last edited:
It seems the PLK.tool download link is broken, do you have a copy?
Hi,
You will have to use HS version 13.3.02 or earlier and the link is not Broken.

Edit: For HS 10.13.4, extract necessary files from HS 10.3.4 app to generate prelinkedkernel and replace it to Installer USB System(hidden)/Library/PrelinkedKernels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back