Contribute
Register

[solved] Disabling discrete GPU without patching DSDT / SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
t
Your setup is wrong.
SSDT-14.aml has no effect since both DropOem=false and AutoMerge=false (AutoMerge=true requires my build of Clover, and you're not using my version of Clover).

This code is wrong:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

Should be:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

And the _DSM->XDSM patch is disabled in your config.plist.
Well reporting back. It didn't work but I feel you got me to the right dorection. Here aren2 pics. The first one is the panic on boot I get with the DiscreteSpoof, second is SSDT-14 panic. They are 100% the same as I uploaded, just changed method name in the spoof. And in config I enabled these options and installed your clover.

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1376.PNG
    IMG_1376.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
t

Well reporting back. It didn't work but I feel you got me to the right dorection. Here aren2 pics. The first one is the panic on boot I get with the DiscreteSpoof, second is SSDT-14 panic. They are 100% the same as I uploaded, just changed method name in the spoof. And in config I enabled these options and installed your clover.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok. I was stupid enough to put these SSDTs to my main clover so now I can't boot any macOS install. When I recover (5mins I suppose) I'll attach the full clover folder

No need to reply until you're prepared to provide the required problem reporting files.

No need to reply until you're prepared to provide the required problem reporting files.
Ok. Anyway, here is my clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 198
Ok. Anyway, here is my clover folder.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.

DropOem should be false. You have it set true.
No need for both SSDT-14.aml and SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml... the two solutions are mutually exclusive. Choose only one.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.

DropOem should be false. You have it set true.
No need for both SSDT-14.aml and SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml... the two solutions are mutually exclusive. Choose only one.
I tiried choosing one. Same. So DropOEM is the issue?

I tiried choosing one. Same.

No problem reporting files are attached.

So DropOEM is the issue?

DropOEM is not recognized (Clover options in config.plist are case sensitive).
With your current setup, you should not expect to be able to boot with DropOem=true (config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem).
For your current content in ACPI/patched, you need DropOem=false (and AutoMerge=true, which you have, and my version of Clover, which you also have).

DropOem=true can only be used if you have all OEM SSDTs, appropriately patched, in ACPI/origin and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order. It is easier to use DropOem=false, AutoMerge=true, and SortedOrder unspecified (with my Clover).

You can read about the various valid configurations in my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

All other configurations (such as the one you currently have) are invalid.

No problem reporting files are attached.

DropOEM is not recognized (Clover options in config.plist are case sensitive).
With your current setup, you should not expect to be able to boot with DropOem=true (config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem).
For your current content in ACPI/patched, you need DropOem=false (and AutoMerge=true, which you have, and my version of Clover, which you also have).

DropOem=true can only be used if you have all OEM SSDTs, appropriately patched, in ACPI/origin and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order. It is easier to use DropOem=false, AutoMerge=true, and SortedOrder unspecified (with my Clover).

You can read about the various valid configurations in my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

All other configurations (such as the one you currently have) are invalid.
You are the beast. AFTER 5 MONTHS. I BOOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 344
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back