Contribute
Register

[solved] Disabling discrete GPU without patching DSDT / SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not expect compiled, then disassembled code to be exactly like the source code.
Compiler optimizations/etc.
Ok, so that should work for me, right? Asking cause I have one USB and I wasn't expecting to be ale to have such luck soon, and I deleted high sierra from there and got OS X 10.6 to put on an oooooold laptop for fun. I'll try ASAP though

You can find out by testing.
It didn't work :( I placed SSDT-14 to patched, but I had no luck. I have it in SortedOrder. EDIT: also tried to make an SSDT-DiscreteSpoof, added to sorted order. Nothing. But I forgot to mention something: before, after the IOGraphics 0x15 0x43 line org.ntp.sntp crashed with abnormal code 175. Now it doesn't, though WindowServer still doesn't wanna start. EDIT2:deleted IONDRVSupport.kext using single user mode. STILL THE SAME. WindowServer is invincible :/

Last edited:
It didn't work :( I placed SSDT-14 to patched, but I had no luck. I have it in SortedOrder. EDIT: also tried to make an SSDT-DiscreteSpoof, added to sorted order. Nothing. But I forgot to mention something: before, after the IOGraphics 0x15 0x43 line org.ntp.sntp crashed with abnormal code 175. Now it doesn't, though WindowServer still doesn't wanna start. EDIT2:deleted IONDRVSupport.kext using single user mode. STILL THE SAME. WindowServer is invincible :/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
I didn't think the CLOVER folder is necesarry in that case. But ok, I'm uploading it.

Your setup is wrong.
SSDT-14.aml has no effect since both DropOem=false and AutoMerge=false (AutoMerge=true requires my build of Clover, and you're not using my version of Clover).

This code is wrong:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

Should be:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

And the _DSM->XDSM patch is disabled in your config.plist.

Your setup is wrong.
SSDT-14.aml has no effect since both DropOem=false and AutoMerge=false (AutoMerge=true requires my build of Clover, and you're not using my version of Clover).

This code is wrong:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

Should be:
Code:
    Method (_SB.PCI0.RP01.PEGP._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
    {

And the _DSM->XDSM patch is disabled in your config.plist.
Thanks a lot. I'm not experienced in DSDT patching sadly but I will try that ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back