Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-N012tx
CPU
i5-4200U/HM86
Graphics
HD 4400 / GT 740m (1366 x 768)
Hello,
can I update my perfectly working yosemite in HP Pavilion 15 n012TX to El Capitan ? I am using clover. I must install the Updated ACPIBacklight.kext as there is a change in it.

Apart from it, what changes must I do , so that the Update goes vannilla and everything works out of box ? If USB3 Multiplex kext isn't working, what should I do with USB? What other drivers should I Modify. Please help.

Direct update to El Capitan from yosemite - Clover

Hello,
can I update my perfectly working yosemite in HP Pavilion 15 n012TX to El Capitan ? I am using clover. I must install the Updated ACPIBacklight.kext as there is a change in it.

Apart from it, what changes must I do , so that the Update goes vannilla and everything works out of box ? If USB3 Multiplex kext isn't working, what should I do with USB? What other drivers should I Modify. Please help.

Don't know what you mean by "USB3 Multiplex kext"...

And ACPIBacklight.kext has been working on 10.11 for some time now...

You should update all software to the latest including Clover. And give a read of the USB thread that is stuck at the top of this forum.

Updated all kext as instructed. By USB Multiplex kext, I mean 'FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext'.

I read the USB Thread but I am not sure what I must do get usb working. I could not find EHC1. Rather I have EHCI (its eye in ECHI not 1) .

I have attached my IOREG. Please guide me what exactly I must do in my case.

Attachments

• My MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    389.9 KB · Views: 80

Updated all kext as instructed. By USB Multiplex kext, I mean 'FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext'.

I read the USB Thread but I am not sure what I must do get usb working. I could not find EHC1. Rather I have EHCI (its eye in ECHI not 1) .

I have attached my IOREG. Please guide me what exactly I must do in my case.

Your DSDT has EHC1. It is clear looking at ioreg.

Your DSDT has EHC1. It is clear looking at ioreg.

Sorry about that. I saw it EHC1 and XHC1 in DSDT. Now,

1. I have EHC1 and XHC1 in my DSDT. I must rename them EH01 and XHC respectively.(No EHC2).
2. I noted down the ports from perfectly working yosemite to be used in Port Injector. (I have 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB2.0). There are 4 ports under XHC1 (inside RHUB@0(HS01 , HS06 , SSP1 , SSP2 )) and 1 node under EHC1 (inside HUBN@0 (PR01@1) ).
3. Now i must create a port injector kext, which I could not able to understand. I saw the links in the USB thread, but i could not identify the Injector.

Please help me with it.

Now, I directly used the 'Install OS X El Capitan' app from app store. After the system restart, there is a new 'Install OS X El Capitan' menu in clover. I went in it. And the process stucks at second phase of boot (Only apple logo is displayed). I could not see any verbose output in second phase , so i am not able to identify the problem. But When I forced shutdown and booted via the Orginal Boot Option in clover, my system booted to my old yosemite perfectly and I am posting this from yosemite. I have attached my Clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 125

Sorry about that. I saw it EHC1 and XHC1 in DSDT. Now,

1. I have EHC1 and XHC1 in my DSDT. I must rename them EH01 and XHC respectively.(No EHC2).
2. I noted down the ports from perfectly working yosemite to be used in Port Injector. (I have 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB2.0). There are 4 ports under XHC1 (inside RHUB@0(HS01 , HS06 , SSP1 , SSP2 )) and 1 node under EHC1 (inside HUBN@0 (PR01@1) ).
3. Now i must create a port injector kext, which I could not able to understand. I saw the links in the USB thread, but i could not identify the Injector.

Please help me with it.

Now, I directly used the 'Install OS X El Capitan' app from app store. After the system restart, there is a new 'Install OS X El Capitan' menu in clover. I went in it. And the process stucks at second phase of boot (Only apple logo is displayed). I could not see any verbose output in second phase , so i am not able to identify the problem. But When I forced shutdown and booted via the Orginal Boot Option in clover, my system booted to my old yosemite perfectly and I am posting this from yosemite. I have attached my Clover folder.

You need to start by undoing what you may have done in the past for 10.10.

You probably used the "Multiplex" patch in the past and that's why your XHC is now XHC1. Patch DSDT, but omit the multiplex patch.

The various solutions are documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Is XCH1 is the problem for El Capitan Installer unable to boot ??

Is XCH1 is the problem for El Capitan Installer unable to boot ??

Probably not. More likely incorrect Clover setup.

Probably not. More likely incorrect Clover setup.

I could not get the installer partition to boot. Its stucks at second phase with the wait curser. No other errors.The clover setup boots yosemite perfectly with no problems. Please help me. Its not booting , no matter what I modify in config.plist..

I could not get the installer partition to boot. Its stucks at second phase with the wait curser. No other errors.The clover setup boots yosemite perfectly with no problems. Please help me. Its not booting , no matter what I modify in config.plist..

Post EFI/Clover folder and details about your update procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back