Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630, 4K
My Dell XPS 9560 cannot boot after upgraded to 10.13.4. It stuck around the message "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" (see attached photo)

The update seems succeeded as Clover shows the system as 10.13.4. I guess it has to do something with the discrete Nvidia card, even though I always have nv-disable=1, and it seems a OS X issue (updated drivers?) rather than a clover issue as the system could not boot with -s and -x options, could not boot with USB installer and could not boot into Recovery mode.

Anyone had similar issue and help?

The Clover version is 4318.

Attachments

• WechatIMG1.jpeg
    WechatIMG1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 309
My Dell XPS 9560 cannot boot after upgraded to 10.13.4. It stuck around the message "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" (see attached photo)

The update seems succeeded as Clover shows the system as 10.13.4. I guess it has to do something with the discrete Nvidia card, even though I always have nv-disable=1, and it seems a OS X issue (updated drivers?) rather than a clover issue as the system could not boot with -s and -x options, could not boot with USB installer and could not boot into Recovery mode.

Anyone had similar issue and help?

The Clover version is 4318.

I found a solution to this problem. Downloaded the latest versions of CoreDisplayFixUp, IntelGraphicsFixup and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, and loaded them to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others. Booted up and works fine now.

I found a solution to this problem. Downloaded the latest versions of CoreDisplayFixUp, IntelGraphicsFixup and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, and loaded them to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others. Booted up and works fine now.

Marked solved.

Note: You probably didn't need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

@pgh550 Could you send the required files to me? Appearently github's hosting of releases does not work currently. At least it fails when I try to download the latest release of https://github.com/PMheart/CoreDisplayFixup/releases 1.3.6

This topic is marked solved.
Open a separate thread with details on your issue and attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Keep in mind Lilu plugins must be paired with a compatible Lilu.kext. So... you can't update CoreDisplayFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, etc, without also updating Lilu.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back