Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex - Driver Available for Realtek RTL8151?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3020 MT
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Working on my very first hackintosh, and my mobo appears to have the Realtek RTL8151GD chipset for the LAN. Is chipset even the right word? I have no idea. Anyway, I've tried all three versions in Multibeast for the Realtek 81xx drivers, but my LAN is still not detected by Sierra. Is there a way to get this working, or will this mean I have to use a PCIe LAN or WiFi solution instead? Any help is much appreciated!

My hardware:
Dell Optiplex 3020 MT
MOBO: Intel H81 Chipset, Model: MIH81R/Tigris MT MB
BIOS Version: A15
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

EDIT: After running DCPImanager, I found that I do in fact have a TRL8111 chipset. I manually downloaded and installed the kext, rather than using multibeast to install it, and this fixed my problem and got my network going! This seems to be a common issue with a relatively easy fix!

Last edited:
Hello, im glad that you figured out how to get the LAN working. I have the very same computer, and it took me a while to gather the right kexts and get eveything to work properly ( i have like a triple backup of the drivers hehe )... in fact, i remember that i had to use a usb ethernet adapter while finding the right kext. Anyway, im still running El capitan and for some reason nvidia never released the GTX 1000 series drivers for them, so im stuck with the onboard graphics ( HD 4600) ...unless ofc i move to Sierra... So, i wonder if you could give me some reference or guides that you used to install it. I've made Hackintoshes in the past, so im not that new to them... however, that installation was like 1 and half year ago and im kinda rusty. Thanks in advance!

Hey @memoborgir, this is my first hack, but I've tried to take pretty good notes and save links along the way, so I'll be happy to share that with you. I'm traveling today and tomorrow, but I will update this post in the coming days when I have a minute. Also, What video card are you planning to run? My 3020 has only DP and VGA video out, so I need to get a discrete GPU so I can run two monitors. I'm between a GT 710 or a GT 1030 (I don't game), but I'm just worried about getting a 7xx series card because what if the next OS comes out and the older card run it? Decisions, decisions.

Hello @dispo
I used to have the 750ti and it worked flawlessly, but i sold it when i got the 1050ti which is a very capable for gaming and 3D applications... but i lost compatibility with El capitan. If i were you i would definitely go for the 1030 or anything from the 10xx lineup, they are a very good value cards( power efficient/performance ) the 1030 or the 1050 would be perfect for your hackintosh.. For me its clear, stay away from the 710, the 1030 is better and future proof. To my surprise the HD4600 works really well when you have it fully working, but in this case that you need a second monitor, the 1030 would be my choice.

You know, every once in a while ( a month or two ) i come to the forums and check if someone managed to install Sierra on this computer, or if Nvidia decided to released drivers for El capitan, which at this point seems like it's not gonna happen.. So im fine if you take your time to put up your notes xD... Have a good one!.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input regarding the GPU cards. You pretty much confirmed my suspicions: why save a few bucks now on something that may very well NOT be supported during the next macOS release! I will do my best to post my info tomorrow, but I promise I’ll come through! I was very happy with how (relatively) easy it was to set up this hack, and hopefully others will find what I post useful. Thanks again, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I get back in front of my computer!

Im still interested in that guide xD @dispo

I could send you my EFI folder for my 3020 running HS if your interested. Just make the boot usb and replace the EFI folder with mine and you should be sweet. Or replace the EFI folder then run the upgrade. That’s what I did and it works fine. I’m running on HD 4600 over DP. Only issue I have is getting audio running. Nothing I try works. No hardware is detected

EDIT: I have solved my audio issues. With some help from someone on another forum, I am using the native AppleHDA method and with the use of the SSDT provided I now have audio over DP to HDMI using a DP to HDMI cable I purchased

Last edited:
I could send you my EFI folder for my 3020 running HS if your interested. Just make the boot usb and replace the EFI folder with mine and you should be sweet. Or replace the EFI folder then run the upgrade. That’s what I did and it works fine. I’m running on HD 4600 over DP. Only issue I have is getting audio running. Nothing I try works. No hardware is detected

For me, the latest version of VoodooHDA (2.9.1) works for audio.

Hi all,

Working on my very first hackintosh, and my mobo appears to have the Realtek RTL8151GD chipset for the LAN. Is chipset even the right word? I have no idea. Anyway, I've tried all three versions in Multibeast for the Realtek 81xx drivers, but my LAN is still not detected by Sierra. Is there a way to get this working, or will this mean I have to use a PCIe LAN or WiFi solution instead? Any help is much appreciated!

My hardware:
Dell Optiplex 3020 MT
MOBO: Intel H81 Chipset, Model: MIH81R/Tigris MT MB
BIOS Version: A15
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

EDIT: After running DCPImanager, I found that I do in fact have a TRL8111 chipset. I manually downloaded and installed the kext, rather than using multibeast to install it, and this fixed my problem and got my network going! This seems to be a common issue with a relatively easy fix!
Thanks for me also sloved with Multibeast the realtek 8111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back