Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell Latitude 5285 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried it again, from fresh to make sure everything is ok. I'm now getting:

media is not present

scrolling down the screen constantly after about 30mins.

I also tried using a powered USB. I shall upload my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 185
I just tried it again, from fresh to make sure everything is ok. I'm now getting:

media is not present

scrolling down the screen constantly after about 30mins.

I also tried using a powered USB. I shall upload my EFI folder

Check your BIOS settings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 225
this seems exactly the same issue as mine https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/stuck-at-gray-screen-with-mouse-pointer.143747/ obviously this is a different version. the num lock/caps lock lights fail to respond along with mouse doesnt work. potentially SMBIOS.plist?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Keep in mind the gray screen is normal. Make sure you give it enough time to move on to the next stage of boot.

RehabMan, thanks for all your patience and help - it's very much appreciated. I managed to fix the problem, I bought a USB-C to USB adapter and used the keyboard in this whilst giving the USB it's own port. It worked perfectly, must of had problems with power from powered adaptor.

Thanks so much!

Hi @jjb4 ,

I have a 5285 too, besides the usb issues you had initially was it a relatively straightforward process for you? I'm thinking of installing Mac OS but I do not know if there is good compatibility?

Thanks!

I get my new Latitude 5285 either tomorrow or early next week and eager to try a dual Windows 10 and High Sierra boot. It's not my primary computer so I'm all good to play with this until I get it working. If all runs smooth I'll create a video for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back