Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell Latitude 5285 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

thanks for taking the time to provide some tips, it is very much appreciated.

i just included the other files as mentioned, and its still doing exactly the same thing, and stopping at the same point.

just out of interest, how long should the install take? its taking over 1hr on this "pre osx install screen"

i have yet to do an invalid platform id, thats next.

is there anything else you could possible suggest?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
just an update, after changing the id like you said, it load past the verbose screen. however it was a blank screen with just a mouse cursor, after 40mins i realized it had crashed. It has got me a step further

just an update, after changing the id like you said, it load past the verbose screen. however it was a blank screen with just a mouse cursor, after 40mins i realized it had crashed. It has got me a step further

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

i used a macbook air 11, mid 2012 to create the bootable usb. i downloaded the os from the app store on the macbook air

i used a macbook air 11, mid 2012 to create the bootable usb. i downloaded the os from the app store on the macbook air

Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

its usb 2.0, but its going through a usb adaptor port because i only have one port and need 2. could that make a difference?

its usb 2.0, but its going through a usb adaptor port because i only have one port and need 2. could that make a difference?

You mean powered USB2 hub?

its not powered from a mains, just plugged directly in to laptop to allow an extra usb port. it recognizes the drives when windows loads up ok, but just want to make sure this wouldnt cause an issue

its not powered from a mains, just plugged directly in to laptop to allow an extra usb port. it recognizes the drives when windows loads up ok, but just want to make sure this wouldnt cause an issue

You should try a powered USB hub instead.
Also worth trying Clover legacy.

thanks, ill give it a try. thanks for being so patient and helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back