Intel Core i5-8600K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I tried fixing the USB ports on my first build by following this Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I installed the USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-Series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions, made the custom SSDT and placed it in CLOVE/AHCI/patched, but IORegistryExplorer continuous to show all USB ports and not just the 14 I want to use.

What could I try to make it work? Thank you!

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    734 bytes · Views: 123
Hello,
I tried fixing the USB ports on my first build by following this Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I installed the USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-Series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions, made the custom SSDT and placed it in CLOVE/AHCI/patched, but IORegistryExplorer continuous to show all USB ports and not just the 14 I want to use.

What could I try to make it work? Thank you!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

All files should be attached now.

Attachments

• debug_31107.zip
    993.9 KB · Views: 66
All files should be attached now.

No EFI/Clover there.
For next time, please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

But the mistake is easy to see with your patchmatic output... SSDT-7.aml is your SSDT-UIAC.aml.
It has the wrong XHC device-id, therefore no match:
Code:
        Name (RMCF, Package (0x02)
        {
            "8086_a36d",
            Package (0x04)

Your XHC device-id (as shown in ioreg) is 0xa2af. You should have "8086_a2af", not "8086_a36d".

Note that XHCI-300-series-injector.kext is not needed as it does not match your XHC device-id.
(Z370 chipset uses the same XHC as 100-series chipset).

Thanks, that fixed it.
But I made a mistake counting the ports an there are 16 and every time I try to remove one more port (tried different ones), it seems to no longer work and all ports are shown again. Adding the 16th port again fixes it, but then I'm over the 15-port limit an can't disable the port limit patch. Or do I get it wrong?

Clover finally included in zip.

Attachments

• debug_13438.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
Thanks, that fixed it.
But I made a mistake counting the ports an there are 16 and every time I try to remove one more port (tried different ones), it seems to no longer work and all ports are shown again. Adding the 16th port again fixes it, but then I'm over the 15-port limit an can't disable the port limit patch. Or do I get it wrong?

Clover finally included in zip.

You are coding an incorrect package size.
This package size is wrong:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x20)
                {

Should be:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x1E)
                {

Always leave package sizes unspecified (as in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl), such that the iasl compiler calculates them for you:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package ()
                {

Note: You're naming your AML files a bit curiously. You have SSDT-UIAC.aml.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml.aml instead of just SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Everything is working now, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back