[solved] Current HWMonitor.app showing wrong Fan RPM in system menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested on the GitHub issue:

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/issues/15

find attached my gen_debug files.

Your drivers64UEFI is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, looks like you haven't updated to current github (and haven't run download.sh/install_downloads.sh in a while either)

I didn't check anything else.

Also, please check you have the latest matching FakeSMC sensor kexts installed. They are not installed by default, but install_downloads.sh tries to keep them in sync. But is still possible for a user to install the wrong ones. The correct way to install sensor kexts, is either by running ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh (assuming they are already installed, they will be updated to current), or by running _tools/install_sensors.sh after running ./install_downloads.sh.

Also, check that you're actually running the HWMonitor.kext that was installed to /Applications by install_downloads.sh. It is possible macOS will run some other version you have laying around. (check for and delete any others).

Last edited:
In a while? That sounds odd. I did this a couple of times the last weeks since you switched to WhateverGreen.

But will do it again.
For the UEFIDrivers I tend to clear that directory out and install clover to only get the latest drivers and getting rid of old remnants.

Will report back with new PR files once I am done.

For the correct HWmonitor.app i usually closed HWMonitor and directly started your version out of the git repo to ensure that I Test with the correct version.

In a while? That sounds odd. I did this a couple of times the last weeks since you switched to WhateverGreen.

But will do it again.
For the UEFIDrivers I tend to clear that directory out and install clover to only get the latest drivers and getting rid of old remnants.

Will report back with new PR files once I am done.

For the correct HWmonitor.app i usually closed HWMonitor and directly started your version out of the git repo to ensure that I Test with the correct version.

install_download.sh will fixup your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. And I saw things there not as they would be after running install_downloads.sh, which is why I mentioned you not running the current version.

And install_downloads.sh will copy the correct HWMonitor.app (the one that matches the FakeSMC build) to /Applications. That is the HWMonitor.app you should be running. Delete all others you may have.

New PR files attached here.
Hope this is more like what you expect.
Also attached a screenshot once again showing the problem.

Attachments

• debug_8557.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-13 um 21.00.45.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-13 um 21.00.45.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 69
New PR files attached here.
Hope this is more like what you expect.
Also attached a screenshot once again showing the problem.

Did you check your HWMonitor version?
Maybe something to do with the non-English resources?

It’s definitly the version from your repo if you mean that.

As said in the github issue - version 6.16.1372 works without issues.

It’s definitly the version from your repo if you mean that.

As said in the github issue - version 6.16.1372 works without issues.

What version is it?
You didn't answer my question regarding non-english setup.
Try english.

Maybe you should do some debugging in Xcode of the app. Obviously, I can't here, as I can't repro the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back