Contribute
Register

[Solved] Crossed out Circle after MacOS Install (First Boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reread your first post and you said that you managed to install the OS :

Are you able to boot from the USB ?

No I can't It only worked once but then never again.. As if it was random success..

I can boot into Clover
I can install Mac os from my usb stick
I can't boot into MacOS from my usbDrive

Should be in Sata Mode...
PCH SATA Control Mode is on AHCI
SATA PORT0-3 Native Mode is on Enabled
If you are booting from USB then the advice in Post #4 applies.
If you are booting from the hard drive then the problem is still that the startup folder cannot be found but is more likely related to the SATA controller(s).

btw. I should mention that this Mainboard has just Sata2 Controller. I already had problems with formatting my SSD for the MacOS Installation. It was always stuck at "creating partition map" and then failed

btw. I should mention that this Mainboard has just Sata2 Controller. I already had problems with formatting my SSD for the MacOS Installation. It was always stuck at "creating partition map" and then failed
Then that would appear to be the source of your troubles.
Try the forum Search tool to see if anyone has written a build guide using similar parts to your own.

Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.

Then that would appear to be the source of your troubles.
Try the forum Search tool to see if anyone has written a build guide using similar parts to your own.
The Problem also appears on my HDD... But I can format my HDD without any problems or so.

EDIT:
Installed the SSD into an external HDD enclosure. Hoping that this solves the problem

EDIT 2:

IT WORKS

EDIT 3:
Can I install a PCIE to Sata Extension card and boot from this PCIE Sata Card?

Last edited:
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
See [Solved] Problem: HDD not supported and try new ICH patch.
Can you please explain me how I have to do this?
My current situation is that I was able to boot into MacOS (SSD in an external HDD enclosure). I installed everything via Multibeast I tried to boot from my SSD but it doesn't work (same problems as before).
I feel like I'm going crazy right now. HELP PLS

Can you please explain me how I have to do this?
Download Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Kernel and Kext Patches section and add the ICH patch to the KextsToPatch section (see picture below).
Save
Close Clover Configurator

ich.png

EDIT: I somehow failed to write the Version number properly.. Fixed it and now it works perfectly fine... Thank you so much <3

So I'm using the Hackintosh now (external SSD) I downloaded the Clover Configurator , mounted my efi partition
and did what you told me to do.. The problem is still there...

everything else seems to work fine.. Audio, ethernet, keyboard, mouse and etc.
RcVczpY.jpg

en2kwwA.jpg

Ub4gFvp.jpg

Last edited:
I was pulling my hair out for ~6 hours trying to figure out why I kept getting the Apple circle with a strikethrough logo upon booting into the Mac OS Install from Clover.... It was driving me NUTS. I followed the entire guide for hours, retraced my steps, and after reformatting the damn flash drive over and over again, the problem ended up being the fact that I was using a USB 3.0 flash drive in a USB 3.0 slot. I moved the stick to another port and BAM! Everything started working. Currently 6:20AM but Hackintosh is finally UP AND RUNNING.

Mojave with Gigabyte X299 + i9-7920X + 1080Ti.
Thank you for your help!

EDIT: This is great and all, until you realize there is no hardware acceleration support on Mojave for series 8/9/10 cards. This would destroy Final Cut Pro productivity. Might have to downgrade to High Sierra until the web drivers are released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back