Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey,

After a bit of struggle I've successfully installed my hackintosh. I'm using Z370 HD3P + i7 8700k + GTX 1080 + Samsung 950 Pro. Everything works, I'm using the latest nVidia Web Drivers, audio works, USB works etc.

The single problem is that real life performance is *really, really* bad. With these components on Windows I can instantly juggle between 20-30 Chrome tabs, music, terminal, Photoshop, Word, all at the same time. On Linux I could do the same. Right now on macOS I'm trying to switch between 4 Safari tabs (no other app is running) and OMG it's bad; I click a browser tab and it takes about 1-2 seconds for the click to be "loaded". If I open CNN, let it load and then close the tab it takes about 3 seconds for the tab to close. It's not a Safari problem. I've tried to open a bunch of terminals + calculator and even alt+tab'ing between them is a mess. Sometimes even minimizing a window results in a choppy "low FPS" Genie effect.

Here's my Geekbench result: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/7651941

I've monitored "top" via terminal and the CPU usage is at 0% (jumps at 0.7-1% when switching between windows/apps).

Any idea how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Razvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back