Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As mentioned in the title I'm getting this irregular cracking and hissing through my studio monitors. I have 2 yamaha HS5's and a scarlett 2i2 interface and when I unplug my monitors and just listen through the headphone output of the interface the signal is as clear as day. I am pretty sure that the noise has something to do with other connected USB devices, whenever I move or scroll with my wireless mouse the hissing intensifies. I am going to purchase a usb isolator to see if that does the trick, still very confused why the headphone output is clear.

Setup:
Asus VIII Hero Mobo
i7-6700k
Intel Hd530
64 gb DDR4 Ballistix RAM

Edit:
So the issue was a ground loop as I thought. My computer was connected to the same power strip as my monitors. I moved my PC and connected it to another outlet and now I have silence, beautiful silence. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
As mentioned in the title I'm getting this irregular cracking and hissing through my studio monitors. I have 2 yamaha HS5's and a scarlett 2i2 interface and when I unplug my monitors and just listen through the headphone output of the interface the signal is as clear as day. I am pretty sure that the noise has something to do with other connected USB devices, whenever I move or scroll with my wireless mouse the hissing intensifies. I am going to purchase a usb isolator to see if that does the trick, still very confused why the headphone output is clear.

Setup:
Asus VIII Hero Mobo
i7-6700k
Intel Hd530
64 gb DDR4 Ballistix RAM

Edit:
So the issue was a ground loop as I thought. My computer was connected to the same power strip as my monitors. I moved my PC and connected it to another outlet and now I have silence, beautiful silence. Hope this helps someone.

After researching around, I was hoping this would be the solution. Moving things around as soon as I get home today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back