this is my first build:
gigabyte z170x-ud3
intel i7-6700K
Ballistix Sport LT 32Go Kit (16Gox2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
Samsung EVO 850
Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11
Be quiet! Pure Rock (cpu fan)
geforce gtx 1050 ti

the machine gets stuck on error 55 (from the mobo manual : memory initialisation error occurs) and goes on infinite loops.
I've read things about this problem on this forum, and I've tried to use only 1 module of RAM for each slot, but the error is always the same. I've tried also every 2 module combinations, but the same thing occurs. I can't even get to BIOS because it reboots after less than 10 seconds

can someone help me?
thanks a lot

Hey gauthieral, which RAM did you end up going with that worked? I'm hung up hard with the white Ballistix RAM and not sure where to go from here.

solved the issue when I bought a natively compatible RAM. I could then change the BIOS settings and make the ballistix sport 32 go work fine

Hey gauthieral, which RAM did you end up going with that worked? I'm hung up hard with the white Ballistix RAM and not sure where to go from here.

hi
I bought Corsair CMV4GX4M1A2133C15 Value Select 4GB (1x4GB) DDR4 2133Mhz CL15
gigabyte has a lit of compatible ram (without changing anything in the bios settings) here http://www.gigabyte.fr/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-UD3-rev-10#support-doc
and it worked fine, I then changed the bios settings and could install Ballistix Sport LT 32Go Kit (16Gox2) DDR4 2400 MT/s, everything has been working fine since then.

Amazing! Thanks so much, I was able to order it with same day shipping on Amazon. Might even get this Hackintosh off the ground this weekend now.

Amazing! Thanks so much, I was able to order it with same day shipping on Amazon. Might even get this Hackintosh off the ground this weekend now.
hi
I bought Corsair CMV4GX4M1A2133C15 Value Select 4GB (1x4GB) DDR4 2133Mhz CL15
gigabyte has a lit of compatible ram (without changing anything in the bios settings) here http://www.gigabyte.fr/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-UD3-rev-10#support-doc
and it worked fine, I then changed the bios settings and could install Ballistix Sport LT 32Go Kit (16Gox2) DDR4 2400 MT/s, everything has been working fine since then.

Hey Gauthieral,

I am dealing with this as well. What did you change in the bios settings to ba able to install the Ballistix sport 32gb kit? And what bios are you running? I can't seem to find any way to edit memory settings in F6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back