Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
7700k @ 4.2 ghz
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Folks,

I recently had a working z270-ud5 based sierra system that was working well. This morning I woke up and heard my second HD, not my boot drive, had gone bad(never had good luck with seagate). I pulled the drive to return it and then rebooted.

When I rebooted I got a message saying CMOS had been cleared and that my bios had been reset. I setup my bios back to normal settings and rebooted again. Only this time, the gigabyte logo boots, with bios access, but then I hear a beep and the computer automatically reboots. It now does this loop of consecutive reboots until I force shut it down.

But the real problem is that I can no longer access clover, either through normal boot drive or through my USB drive.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else ever have this issue? Why would my bios have been reset? Did the corrupted drive cause an issue? My bios settings are the same as they were before, so what else can I try?

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

I recently had a working z270-ud5 based sierra system that was working well. This morning I woke up and heard my second HD, not my boot drive, had gone bad(never had good luck with seagate). I pulled the drive to return it and then rebooted.

When I rebooted I got a message saying CMOS had been cleared and that my bios had been reset. I setup my bios back to normal settings and rebooted again. Only this time, the gigabyte logo boots, with bios access, but then I hear a beep and the computer automatically reboots. It now does this loop of consecutive reboots until I force shut it down.

But the real problem is that I can no longer access clover, either through normal boot drive or through my USB drive.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else ever have this issue? Why would my bios have been reset? Did the corrupted drive cause an issue? My bios settings are the same as they were before, so what else can I try?

Thanks!
Check the sata cables and the battery.

Should have thought of that myself. Yes it was sata cable from the busted drive that was causing a boot error, so I just removed that cable and things are booting fine.
Thanks @vulgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back